The 2023 Honda BeAT in Malaysia is available in a new colour option, yellow, along with the existing red, blue, and black choices. The retail price for the 2023 Honda BeAT is set at RM5,990, excluding road tax, insurance, and registration. This represents an increase of RM435 compared to the 2022 price of RM5,555.
Every Honda BeAT has a two-year or 20,000 km warranty against manufacturing defects. The new stock of the 2023 BeAT will be available at all authorized Boon Siew Honda dealer showrooms starting from June 30.
The engine specifications for the BeAT remain unchanged, featuring a 108.2 cc, single-cylinder air-cooled engine that produces 8.67 horsepower at 7,500 rpm and a torque of 9.53 Nm at 5,500 rpm. Power is transferred to the ground through a CVT transmission and belt drive, typical for scooters in this class.
The BeAT has 14-inch wheels and features 80/90 front and 90/90 rear tires. Braking is handled by a hydraulic disc brake at the front and a mechanical drum brake at the rear, both supported by Honda’s Combined Braking System. The front suspension comprises a telescopic fork, while the rear suspension features a non-adjustable single shock absorber.
The fuel tank capacity of the BeAT is 4.2 litres, and it has an 11.7-litre storage compartment under the seat. The scooter weighs approximately 90 kg, and the seat height is 742 mm. The BeAT comes standard with both electric and kick-starting options.
Pros of the 2023 Honda BeAT in Malaysia:
- Affordable Price: With a retail price of RM5,990, the Honda BeAT offers good value for money in the scooter segment.
- Warranty Coverage: The two-year or 20,000 km warranty against manufacturing defects provides peace of mind to the buyers.
- Fuel Efficiency: The BeAT’s 108.2 cc engine and efficient CVT transmission contribute to its fuel efficiency, allowing for cost-effective commuting.
- Easy Maneuverability: With its lightweight design and compact dimensions, the BeAT can manoeuvre through congested city streets and tight parking spaces.
- Stylish Design Options: The yellow option provides a fresh and eye-catching choice, complementing the existing red, blue, and black options.
- Storage Capacity: The 11.7-litre storage compartment under the seat offers ample space to store personal belongings, making it convenient for daily commuting or short trips.
Cons of the 2023 Honda BeAT in Malaysia:
- Engine Power: With 8.67 horsepower, the BeAT’s engine might not provide the same level of performance and acceleration as some other scooters in its class.
- Basic Suspension: The non-adjustable single shock absorber at the rear and the telescopic fork at the front may not offer the same level of comfort and stability as more advanced suspension systems.
- Limited Features: While the BeAT is equipped with essential features, it may lack some advanced features in higher-end scooters, such as advanced digital displays or braking systems.
- Colour Choices: Although the addition of the yellow option is a welcome change, the overall colour choices for the BeAT are still relatively limited compared to other scooters in the market.
- Storage Capacity: While the 11.7-litre storage compartment under the seat is useful, it may not be sufficient for carrying larger items or accommodating a full-face helmet.
- Powertrain Options: The BeAT only offers a single-cylinder air-cooled engine, limiting the choice for buyers who may prefer different engine configurations or performance options.
How many BeATs Honda plans to sell?
Honda has not announced how many BeATs they plan to sell in Malaysia. However, the BeAT is a popular scooter in Malaysia, and Honda has been selling many of them in recent years. In 2021, Honda sold over 100,000 BeATs in Malaysia. So, it is likely that Honda will sell a similar number of BeATs in 2023.
The new yellow colour option will likely appeal to a wider range of customers so that Honda may sell even more BeATs in 2023 than in 2021. We will have to wait and see how the sales of the 2023 BeAT go before we can say for sure how many Honda plans to sell.
The 2023 Honda BeAT in Malaysia offers a compelling option for an affordable and fuel-efficient scooter. With its affordable price, warranty coverage, and stylish design options, the BeAT provides good value for money. Its lightweight and compact design makes it easy to manoeuvre through congested city streets, while the storage compartment under the seat offers practicality for daily commuting.
However, it’s important to consider the limited engine power, basic suspension, and relatively basic features compared to higher-end scooters. The limited colour choices and storage capacity may also not suit everyone’s preferences. The 2023 Honda BeAT is a reliable and budget-friendly scooter for urban commuting and short trips.