Much to the chagrin of motorcycle apparel manufacturers worldwide, Alpinestars has long dominated every space. The Italian brand is tough to beat, from boots to jerseys, gloves, pads, and even helmets.
But it’s arguably their motocross race suits that first put Alpinestars on the map. Having made off-road gear for over fifty years now, it’s safe to say they know a thing or two about protection.
Unfortunately for us all, Alpinestars has proven adept at racing overlays as well. The result has been an ever-growing collection of street-ready pieces that are equally at home on track days as they are heading off into the backcountry.
Racing, touring, commuting. These are the things that motorcyclists do. We think there’s little better than to head out on your bike and go riding.
Weather be damned! Alpinestars has proven for many years now that it knows how to make protective gear to keep motorcyclists safe, whether it be on the road or off.
The RX-5 jacket provides an ideal balance of comfort and protection by utilizing the company’s well-known exclusive Drystar® waterproof and breathable membrane for effective all-weather performance.
This jacket uses a modern material mix for maximum performance and has an engineered fit to deliver the highest level of active rprotection.
- Stretch membrane used under sleeve and scapula area for enhanced comfort.
- The jacket comes with direct ventilation on the chest and sleeves for optimized airflow.
- Forearms feature a double slider for cuff adjustment and ventilation control.
- Removable thermal liner (120g body, 80g sleeves) with padding delivers warmth, comfort and breathability.
- Sport touring fit with an extended back for more excellent coverage in the riding position.
- GP Lite shoulders for additional impact protection.
- According to European statutory law, the CE mark is a conformity requirement for the marketing of this product. Fully CE-certified riding garment to CE – Category II prEN17092 standards – AA class.
- Full-size range up to 5XL with a total volume waist, biceps and torso adjusters for an optimized fit.
- The jacket is Tech-Air® ready and can accommodate the Tech-Air® 5 Airbag System for complete upper body protection.
- Protective and comfortable Nucleon Flex Pro armour is highly flexible and adaptive and has a thin profile for optimum rider comfort.
- Engineered material mix for durable protection on exposed areas with a dedicated soft construction focused on high flexibility and freedom of movement for optimum rider comfort.
- It arrives in three shades camo, blue and black, and from sizes S to 5XL.
The RX-5 jacket comes at $319.