Round ten of the AMA Supercross Series found the Troy Lee Designs/Red Bull/GASGAS Factory Racing Team searching for another 450-class solid finish in downtown Detroit. The night didn’t disappoint; he added solid finishes to his string.
- The Troy Lee Designs/Red Bull/GASGAS Factory Racing Team huddled up in the pits for a chilly visit to Motor City, but Barcia brought the heat on the track.
- Justin Barcia scores another solid top-five result
- Michael Mosiman was on the sidelines for this weekend
Justin Barcia continues to show impressive speed aboard his MC 450F Factory Edition. He was a strong second in the heat race after working his passing magic early. When it came time for the main event, he was once again among the frontrunners, running as high as second during the middle portion of the main. While he dropped a couple of positions later in the main due to mistakes but was still happy with the strong finish.
Justin Barcia: “It was a pretty good day. I worked through the pack in the heat race and got up to second. I was chasing first but ran out of time. I started at about a fourth or fifth-place start in the main event.
I was charging hard and made a few mistakes, then rode a little tight afterwards. I was in fourth, getting close to third, but I ran out of time, and the race was over.
I’m looking forward to Seattle; it’ll be my birthday weekend. I’m getting old and having a good time.”
Michael Mosiman’s MC 250F Factory Edition was idle again this weekend, as he’s still on the mend from his crash at Daytona. He and the team are eyeing a return to action when the AMA Supercross series hits Atlanta for round 13 on April 13.
Next Event (Round 11): March 25, 2023 – Lumen Field in Seattle, Wash.
Results – 2023 AMA Supercross Championship, Round Ten
250SX East – Main Event Results
1. Hunter Lawrence (Honda) 17 laps; 2. Nate Thrasher (Yamaha) +07.685; 3. Haiden Deegan (Yamaha) +11.215
450SX – Main Event Results
1. Chase Sexton (Honda) 23 laps; 2. Cooper Webb (KTM) +06.335; 3. Eli Tomac (Yamaha) +15.405; 4. Justin Barcia (GASGAS) +18.265 … 18. Justin Starling (GASGAS)
Championship Standings – After Ten Rounds
1. Hunter Lawrence (Honda) 151 points; 2. Nate Thrasher (Yamaha) 116; 3. Haiden Deegan (Yamaha) 111 … 14. Michael Mosiman (GASGAS) 51
1. Cooper Webb (KTM) 225 points; 2. Eli Tomac (Yamaha) 222; 3. Chase Sexton (Honda) 208 … 6. Justin Barcia (GASGAS) 174; 23. Justin Starling (GASGAS) 36