The Mahindra Bolero Neo Plus is expected to launch in the coming months. It will be a facelifted version of the TUV300 Plus, powered by the same 2.2-litre diesel engine that produces 120PS. It will be available in 7-seater and 9-seater configurations and priced at a premium over the existing Bolero Neo.
Key features of the Bolero Neo Plus:
- 2.2-litre diesel engine
- 120PS of power
- 7- or 9-seater configuration
- Manual transmission
- Rear-wheel drive
- Features such as a touchscreen infotainment system, climate control, and power windows and mirrors
The Bolero Neo Plus will be a more affordable alternative to the Mahindra Scorpio Classic. It is expected to be launched in the coming months, and prices will be announced closer to the launch date.
However, the expected prices of the Mahindra Bolero Neo Plus:
- Base variant: Rs. 10.00 Lakh
- Mid-variant: Rs. 11.00 Lakh
- Top-variant: Rs. 12.00 Lakh
Pros and cons of the Bolero Neo Plus:
- Spacious interior
- Rugged build quality
- Good fuel efficiency
- Wide range of features
- Old design
- Lack of safety features
The Mahindra Bolero is a popular SUV in the Indian market. While it has unique characteristics and appeal, several competitors are in the same segment.
Few main competitors of the Mahindra Bolero:
- Tata Sumo: The Tata Sumo is a rugged and spacious SUV with a good balance of performance and utility. It features a similar body-on-frame construction and is known for its durability and off-road capabilities.
- Force Gurkha: The Force Gurkha is a rugged and capable SUV for off-road adventures. It features a robust chassis, a four-wheel drive system, and high ground clearance, making it a suitable choice for off-road enthusiasts.
- Maruti Suzuki Gypsy: The Maruti Suzuki Gypsy is a legendary off-roader in India. Although smaller than the Bolero, it is competent off-road and is known for its reliability and simplicity.
- Renault Duster: The Renault Duster is a compact SUV with a good blend of comfort, performance, and style. It features a modern design, spacious interiors, and a range of engine options, providing a versatile choice for urban and occasional off-road use.
- Mahindra Scorpio: The Mahindra Scorpio is another popular SUV from the Mahindra stable. It offers a more premium and feature-rich package than the Bolero, with a more powerful engine and enhanced comfort and convenience features.
- Ford EcoSport: The Ford EcoSport is a compact SUV focusing on urban practicality and comfort. It offers a stylish design, a range of engine choices, and many features, making it popular among urban dwellers.
These are just a few of the many competitors in the SUV segment that can be considered alternatives to the Mahindra Bolero. The choice ultimately depends on individual preferences, requirements, and budget.
The Bolero Neo Plus is a good option for an affordable and spacious SUV. It is also a good option for those who need a rugged and reliable vehicle for off-road use.
However, it is essential to note that the Bolero Neo Plus lacks some safety features in other SUVs in its price range.