TVS Motor Company has just rolled out a brand new beast on wheels – the TVS Apache RTR 310. Priced at a competitive Rs 2.43 lakh ex-showroom, this motorcycle embodies a union of style, innovation, and power.
With an ambitious investment of Rs 50 crore, TVS aims to capture the premium-lifestyle naked motorcycle market. The focus isn’t just domestic. They’ve set their sights on global horizons, targeting Latin America, Europe, and the ASEAN region.
- TVS has launched a new 310cc motorcycle, Apache RTR 310, priced at Rs 2.43 lakh (ex-showroom).
- The motorcycle is targeted at the premium-lifestyle naked motorcycle segment.
- It is powered by a 312.2cc, reverse-inclined, DOHC, single-cylinder engine that produces 35.11hp and 28.7Nm of peak torque.
- The motorcycle gets LED lamps all around, a 5-inch TFT display with connectivity options, and a first-in-segment heated-and-cooled seat.
- It also gets a hyper-spec trellis frame, adjustable levers, dual-channel ABS, and race-tuned linear stability control (RT-LSC) safety system.
- The motorcycle will be available with two customisation packs – Dynamic kit and Dynamic Pro kit – under the company’s unique ‘Built To Order’ programme.
- The company will sell the Apache RTR 310 from its over 400 premium motorcycle dealers across the country.
TVS Motor Company
The mid-size naked motorcycle segment has surged in popularity. Five years back, it constituted 15% of the overall motorcycle sales. Today, that number has jumped to 21%.
In FY23, TVS witnessed a staggering 29% rise in domestic sales, recording 910,376 units. The addition of Apache RTR 310 to their portfolio is strategic. This motorcycle, along with its sibling, the Apache RR 310, stands as a testament to the fruitful collaboration between TVS and BMW Motorrad.
The sales targets for this model are ambitious. TVS aims to double its domestic sales and envisions a global sales target of 25,000 units in the bike’s debut year.
Premium-lifestyle naked motorcycle
The features of the Apache RTR 310 make it stand out. TVS integrates its rich racing legacy into its design. The motorcycle boasts a lightweight aluminium sub-frame, LED lighting, and a futuristic 5-inch TFT display that connects seamlessly with music, navigation, and action cameras. A standout feature? The first-in-the-segment heated-and-cooled seat, tailor-made for the Indian climate.
Safety hasn’t taken a backseat either. The motorcycle comes equipped with dual-channel ABS and innovative race-tuned linear stability control. At its heart, the Apache RTR 310 houses a 312.2cc engine, churning out a robust 35.11hp and 28.7Nm of torque.
Mid-size naked motorcycle segment
For those looking for a personal touch, TVS offers two customization packs.
But where can you get your hands on one? TVS plans to make the Apache RTR 310 available across its 400 premium motorcycle dealers. And in a move to redefine the premium buying experience, they are exploring innovative sales channels.
KN Radhakrishnan, the dynamic Director and CEO of TVS Motor Company, sums it up perfectly. While the company remains a dominant player in the premium segment, the core focus remains on customer satisfaction. With the festive season around the corner, optimism is in the air, and the Apache RTR 310 is all set to roar on the roads.
The introduction of the Apache RTR 310 is more than just a product launch for TVS. It’s a testament to their commitment to innovation, customer satisfaction, and global expansion. As they set their sights on both domestic and international markets, including Europe, Latin America, and the ASEAN region, it’s evident that TVS is not just aiming to double their 310cc volumes but to redefine the premium motorcycle segment altogether.