The updated Hero Xtreme 160R, set to launch on June 14, is expected to receive several mechanical and electronic updates to stay competitive.
Here’s what you can expect from the new model:
- USD Fork: The current telescopic fork in the Xtreme 160R will be replaced with a USD (Upside Down) fork. This change is likely to improve the bike’s handling and suspension performance.
- Increased Weight: With adding a USD fork and potential changes to the main frame, the bike’s weight is expected to increase slightly.
- Bluetooth Connectivity: To keep up with rivals like the TVS Apache RTR 160 4V and Yamaha FZS-FI, the updated Xtreme 160R might feature Bluetooth connectivity. This feature allows riders to connect their smartphones and access features such as phone notifications, turn-by-turn navigation, and more.
- New Colors: The updated model will likely introduce new colour options, providing customers with a broader range of choices.
- Engine Updates: The spy pictures revealed an oil cooler on the test mule, indicating that the 163cc engine might undergo some changes to enhance its performance. The current 2-valve 163cc engine is not known for its high power output, so improving its implementation could make the Xtreme 160R more competitive. These engine updates might also be featured in future Hero models if successful.
- Price Hike: Due to new features and potential mechanical changes, the updated Xtreme 160R is expected to see a price increase of approximately Rs 8,000-10,000 compared to the current model.
By introducing these updates, Hero aims to refresh the Xtreme 160R, which has remained unchanged since its launch three years ago. These enhancements should help the bike stay competitive and attract customers looking for a feature-rich and performance-oriented motorcycle.
About the present Hero Xtreme 160R
The Hero Xtreme 160R is a stylish, sporty motorcycle with good performance and handling. It is powered by a 160cc single-cylinder engine that produces 15.22 PS of power and 14 Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 5-speed gearbox. The Xtreme 160R has a fuel efficiency of 55 kmpl.
The Xtreme 160R has a sporty design, sharp lines, and a muscular stance. It has a fully digital instrument cluster, LED headlight, LED taillight, and alloy wheels. The bike has four colour options: Racing Red, Black, Blue, and White.
The Hero Xtreme 160R is a good option for riders looking for a stylish, sporty motorcycle with good performance and handling. It is also an excellent value-for-money motorcycle.
Here are some of the pros and cons of the Hero Xtreme 160R:
- Stylish and sporty design
- Good performance and handling
- Good value for money
- Suspension can be a bit stiff
- The brakes could be improved
- Some features are not available in all variants
Source: Hero Motorcorp