- Xiaomi is working on an electric car called the MS11.
- The MS11 is expected to have a 101-kWh battery pack and support 800V fast charging.
- The driving range is still unknown, but it could be comparable to the Mercedes-Benz EQS sedan.
- The MS11 is also expected to be priced at around $43,000 when it goes on sale in 2024.
- This is Xiaomi’s first foray into the electric vehicle market.
- The MS11 has the potential to be a very competitive car, especially if it can offer a long driving range and fast charging speeds.
Key features of the Xiaomi MS11 electric car:
- 101-kWh battery pack
- 800V fast charging
- Estimated driving range of 277-350 miles
- Starting price of $43,000
- First electric car from Xiaomi
- Potential to be a very competitive car
Xiaomi’s plan to manufacture an all-electric passenger vehicle, known as the MS11, is an interesting development in the automotive industry. While the driving range of the MS11 is still unknown, the leaked information suggests it will be equipped with a 101-kilowatt-hour lithium-ion battery pack, rated at 726.7 volts and 139 amp-hours.
The battery label also indicates the potential for fast charging at 800V, which could result in shorter charging times compared to competitors’ 400V packs.
To estimate the driving range of the Xiaomi MS11, the article draws a comparison to the 2023 Mercedes-Benz EQS sedan, which has a 108.4-kWh battery pack and an estimated range between 277 miles (446 kilometres) and 350 miles (563 km).
However, it’s important to keep in mind various factors can influence the driving range of an electric vehicle, such as weight, aerodynamics, driving conditions, and efficiency of the vehicle’s systems. Therefore, it’s best to wait for official information or independent tests to determine the actual driving range of the MS11.
Regarding Xiaomi’s entry into the automotive industry, there were initial rumours about potential partnerships with carmakers like Great Wall Motors and BAIC Group.
However, these partnerships have not been confirmed. In March 2023, Xiaomi CEO Lei Jun mentioned the company’s car business is progressing well, with multiple prototypes completing winter testing and mass production expected to begin in the first half of the following year.
The reported starting price of around $43,000 (300,000 RMB) for the Xiaomi MS11 suggests it will be positioned as a higher-end product within Xiaomi’s portfolio. This pricing would make it one of the more expensive offerings from Xiaomi, considering its wide range of consumer electronics products.
The Xiaomi MS11 electric car is a promising new entrant to the electric vehicle market. It has a long driving range, fast charging speeds, and a starting price comparable to other premium electric cars. If Xiaomi can deliver on these promises, the MS11 could be a success.
Here are some of the key factors could contribute to the success of MS11:
- The popularity of electric cars is growing rapidly, and the MS11 is well-positioned to capture a share of this growing market.
- The MS11 has a number of features are attractive to consumers, such as its long driving range and fast charging speeds.
- Xiaomi is a well-known and respected brand, and this could give the MS11 an advantage over other electric cars.
Of course, there are also some factors could challenge the success of the MS11. These include:
- The competition in the electric car market is fierce, and there are many other well-established brands are also vying for consumers’ attention.
- The price of the MS11 is a bit higher than some other electric cars, and this could make it less appealing to some consumers.
- The MS11 is Xiaomi’s first electric car, and there is some risk the company may not be able to deliver on its promises.
Overall, the Xiaomi MS11 electric car has the potential to be a success. However, there are also some challenges the company will need to overcome in order to achieve this success.