Top key points of the 2024 Ducati DesertX Rally:
- Suspension upgrades: KYB 48mm closed-cartridge fork with adjustable compression and rebound, KYB 46mm shock absorber with adjustable compression at high and low speeds, preload and rebound adjustability. Suspension travel of 250mm (front) and 240mm (rear). Total ground clearance of 280mm. Adjustable Öhlins steering damper.
- New wheels: Billet aluminium hubs with carbon steel spokes and Excel Takasago rims. Wheel measurements of 21 inches (front) and 18 inches (rear). Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR rubber.
- Additional features: New high front mudguard with a new split brake line, machined fork clamps, machined adjustable brake and shift pedals, and dedicated Iron Giant livery. Optional accessory auxiliary fuel tank with 8 litres of capacity.
- Pricing and availability: Available in multiple regions worldwide. US and Canada pricing starts at $22,995 and $26,295 respectively.
The Ducati DesertX Rally has always been synonymous with performance, and the 2024 version looks set to push the envelope even further.
Here’s a rundown of what to expect:
- Engine: 937cc Testastretta 11-degree engine
- Power Output: 110 horsepower at 9,250 rpm
- Torque: 92-newton meters (68 pound-feet) at 6,500 rpm
- A2 Version: 35-kilowatt (47 horsepower) for European A2 license holders
- Front: 48mm KYB closed-cartridge fork with adjustable compression and rebound
- Rear: KYB shock absorber with 46mm piston, adjustable compression at high/low speeds, preload and rebound adjustability
- Special Features:
- Kashima coating on fork tubes
- Diamond-like coating (DLC) on sliders
- Öhlins steering damper for enhanced control
- Suspension Travel:
- Front: 250mm (9.8 inches)
- Rear: 240mm (9.4 inches)
- Ground Clearance: 280mm (11 inches)
- Hubs: Billet aluminium
- Spokes: Carbon steel
- Rims: Lightweight Excel Takasago, reducing 0.5 kg (1.1 pounds) in unsprung weight
- Front: 21 inches
- Rear: 18 inches
- Tires: Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR
- New high front mudguard with split brake line
- Machined fork clamps
- Adjustable brake and shift pedals
- Exclusive Iron Giant livery
- Accessory Auxiliary Fuel Tank: Offers an additional 8 litres of fuel capacity, for a 40% greater range than the standard 21-litre tank
Pricing and Availability:
- US Release: March 2024
- US Pricing: Starting at $22,995
- Canada Pricing: Starting at $26,295
- Availability: Multiple regions worldwide; for specific region details, contact local authorized Ducati dealers.
With an impressive list of features and upgrades, the 2024 Ducati DesertX Rally promises to be a game-changer in the off-road riding segment. Whether you’re an off-road enthusiast or simply a fan of top-tier motorbikes, the DesertX Rally looks set to deliver on all fronts.
The 2024 Ducati DesertX Rally stands as a testament to Ducati’s commitment to innovation and pushing the boundaries of off-road motorcycling. From its powerful 937cc Testastretta engine to the meticulous attention to suspension details and wheel improvements, it is clear that every aspect has been fine-tuned for optimal performance.
With the added bonus of an accessory auxiliary fuel tank for extended adventures and an exclusive Iron Giant livery, the DesertX Rally is not just a motorcycle—it’s a statement. For those in the US and Canada, the wait until March 2024 will undoubtedly be filled with anticipation. For riders globally, this bike underscores the reason Ducati remains a revered name in the motorcycling world: unparalleled craftsmanship and performance. The 2024 DesertX Rally is more than just an upgrade; it’s a revolution on two wheels.