The 5-door Maruti Suzuki Jimny has been launched in India at a starting price of Rs 12.74 lakh (ex-showroom). The Jimny comes in two variants: Zeta and Alpha.
The Jimny is powered by a 1.5-litre petrol engine that produces 102 PS and 130 Nm of torque. The engine is mated to either a 5-speed manual or a 4-speed automatic transmission.
Rs 12.74 lakh
Rs 13.94 lakh
Rs 13.69 lakh
Rs 14.89 lakh
Rs 13.85 lakh
Rs 15.05 lakh
Four wheel drive
The Jimny comes standard with four-wheel drive and low-range gearing. The Jimny is available in various colours, including Kinetic Yellow, Sizzling Red, Bluish Black, Pearl Arctic White, Granite Grey and Nexa Blue. The Jimny is a popular off-road vehicle expected to compete with the Mahindra Thar and Force Gurkha.
Here are some of the key features of the Maruti Suzuki Jimny:
- 1.5-litre petrol engine
- 102 PS of power
- 130 Nm of torque
- 5-speed manual or 4-speed automatic transmission
- Four-wheel drive with low-range gearing.
- Standard safety features: ABS with EBD, electronic stability control, hill hold assist, hill descent control and rear parking sensors
- Optional safety features: Side and curtain airbags
- Available in a range of colours
Here is a more detailed look at some of the pros and cons of the Maruti Jimny:
- Rugged design: The Maruti Jimny has a boxy, rugged design reminiscent of classic off-road vehicles like the Jeep Wrangler. The Jimny is also built on a ladder-frame chassis, which makes it very strong and durable.
- Capable off-road performance: The Maruti Jimny comes standard with four-wheel drive and a low-range transfer case. This gives it the ability to tackle even the most challenging off-road terrain.
- Relatively low price: The Maruti Jimny is priced very competitively compared to other off-road vehicles. It is an excellent option for those looking for a rugged and capable vehicle without breaking the bank.
- Good fuel economy for an off-road vehicle: The Maruti Jimny is powered by a 1.5-litre four-cylinder engine that gets an EPA-estimated 25 mpg in the city and 33 mpg on the highway. This is good fuel economy for an off-road vehicle.
- Available in both 3-door and 5-door body styles: The Maruti Jimny is available in both 3-door and 5-door body styles. This allows buyers to choose the body style that best suits their needs.
- A long list of aftermarket modifications available: The Maruti Jimny is a popular vehicle for aftermarket modification. A wide variety of aftermarket parts and accessories are available for the Jimny, allowing owners to customize their cars to their liking.
- Lack of features: The Maruti Jimny lacks some standard features of many other vehicles. For example, there is no sunroof or cruise control.
- Cramped interior: The Maruti Jimny has a cramped interior. The front seats are comfortable, but the rear seats are cramped and uncomfortable.
- Poor visibility out of the rear: The Maruti Jimny has poor visibility out of the end. The rear window is small, and the rear pillars are thick. This can make it difficult to see when backing up or changing lanes.
The Maruti Suzuki Jimny is an excellent option for an affordable, capable off-road vehicle. It will surely be a popular choice among buyers looking for a car that can handle both on- and off-road conditions.