The Alpine A424_B is a concept car that previews Alpine’s upcoming LMDh-spec racer for the 2024 World Endurance Championship.
A 3.4-litre turbocharged V-6 engine powers the car and will share a chassis with the Acura ARX-06. Alpine has announced that long-time factory partner Signatech will field the team’s factory-backed cars.
The program will debut in the first races of the 2024 FIA World Endurance Championship season.
Here are some of the key features of the Alpine A424_B:
- 3.4-liter turbocharged V-6 engine
- LMP2 chassis shared with the Acura ARX-06
- Designed by Alpine’s design team in Dieppe, France
- Will compete in the 2024 World Endurance Championship
Alpine is hoping to challenge for overall victory at the 24 Hours of Le Mans with the A424_B. The team has a long history of success at Le Mans, winning the race in 1978. With a strong driver lineup and a competitive car, Alpine will be a force to be reckoned with in 2024.
Here are some of the pros and cons of the Alpine A424_B concept:
- 3.4-litre turbocharged V-6 engine: This engine is expected to provide plenty of power and torque, making the A424_B competitive in the LMDh class.
- LMP2 chassis shared with the Acura ARX-06: This chassis has been proven competitive in the LMP2 class, so the A424_B will likely be a competitive car in the LMDh class.
- Designed by Alpine’s design team in Dieppe, France: Alpine has a long history of designing and building successful race cars, so the A424_B will likely be well-designed and well-built.
- Will compete in the 2024 World Endurance Championship: This will give Alpine a chance to compete against some of the best teams and drivers in the world.
- New car: The A424_B is new, so unforeseen problems are always possible.
- No experience in LMDh class: Alpine has no expertise in the LMDh class, so it will be up to the team to learn and adapt quickly.
- Intense competition: The LMDh class is expected to be very competitive, so Alpine must be at the top of its game to succeed.
The Alpine A424_B concept is a good car. However, it is essential to remember that it is still a concept car, and there is always the possibility that things could change before the vehicle makes its racing debut in 2024.