The CFMoto 800NK generates a lot of buzz in the Philippines due to its attractive price tag of 458,900 PHP (approximately $8,200) and its position as the most powerful bike in the NK series. This naked bike features the same engine found in the KTM 790 Duke, locally produced in the Philippines.
The frame of the 800NK differs slightly from the KTM, with a shorter aluminium swingarm and a wheelbase of 1,465 millimetres compared to the KTM 790 Duke’s 1,475 millimetres. This suggests that the 800NK will offer a nimble and agile riding experience.
Regarding engine specifications, the CFMoto 800NK’s motor has been slightly modified, producing 94 horsepower and 81 Nm of torque. This is a slight decrease compared to the original 105 horsepower of the KTM 790 Duke, mainly due to emissions regulations. The 800NK features a full KYB suspension setup, adjustable forks, Maxxis tires on 17-inch wheels, 320mm front brake discs, a 260mm rear disc with J.Juan callipers, and dual-channel ABS.
Weighing in at 189 kilograms (416 pounds) and offering a seat height of 795 millimetres (31.2 inches), the 800NK is designed to be accessible and rider-friendly. It also boasts exciting tech features, including a larger gauge cluster, keyless ignition, and selectable ride modes like Rain, Street, and Sport.
What makes the CFMoto 800NK even more intriguing is its initial launch price of P488,900 (approximately $8,750), later reduced to the current competitive price of 458,900 PHP. This places the bike in a strong position within the market, and its affordability, performance, and features make it an appealing option for motorcycle enthusiasts in the Philippines.
Pros of the CFMoto 800NK:
- Affordable Price: The 800NK offers a compelling price tag, making it an attractive option for riders looking for a powerful naked bike at a relatively affordable cost.
- Powerful Engine: The 800NK features the same engine as the KTM 790 Duke, providing 94 horsepower and 81 Nm of torque. This power output offers an exhilarating riding experience.
- Nimble Handling: With a shorter swingarm and a slightly shorter wheelbase than the KTM 790 Duke, the 800NK is expected to deliver agile and responsive handling, making it a flickable bike.
- Quality Suspension: The full KYB suspension setup, including adjustable separate function forks and pre-load at the rear, ensures a comfortable and controlled ride, enhancing the bike’s performance.
- Braking System: The 800NK has 320mm front brake discs, a 260mm rear disc, and J.Juan callipers. This setup and the dual-channel ABS provide reliable and effective braking performance. Rider-Friendly Features: The 800NK offers a seat height of 795mm, which is relatively low and accommodating for riders of different heights. Keyless ignition and selectable ride modes (Rain, Street, and Sport) also enhance convenience and adaptability.
Cons of the CFMoto 800NK:
- Slightly Lower Power: Compared to the KTM 790 Duke, the 800NK has a slightly lower power output. This decrease in horsepower is primarily due to emissions regulations, which may impact the bike’s overall performance.
- Limited Tech Features: While the 800NK has some noteworthy tech features, like a larger gauge cluster and keyless ignition, it lacks a six-axis inertial measurement unit (IMU) in the KTM 790 Duke. This IMU provides advanced rider aids like cornering ABS and traction control.
- Brand Reputation: CFMoto may not have the same brand recognition and reputation as KTM in specific markets. This could impact buyer confidence and resale value.
The CFMoto 800NK is an exciting option in the naked bike segment, particularly in the Philippines. It combines a compelling price point with a powerful engine derived from the KTM 790 Duke.
The bike’s slightly different frame and shorter wheelbase suggest a nimble and agile riding experience. Including quality suspension, a capable braking system, and rider-friendly features further enhance its appeal.
While the 800NK offers a slightly lower power output than its KTM counterpart, it still delivers a thrilling ride. The absence of certain advanced tech features found in the KTM 790 Duke may be a drawback for some riders. CFMoto’s brand reputation may not be as established as KTM’s, which could impact buyer confidence.
Overall, the CFMoto 800NK presents a competitive package for riders seeking a powerful naked bike at an affordable price. As with any motorcycle, it’s advisable to conduct thorough research, consider personal preferences, and test ride the bike to determine if it meets your needs and expectations.