Low Rider S
Harley has unveiled its much-acclaimed Low Rider S model in India. Inspired from the West Coast Custom theme, this model gets a price tag of INR 14.69 lakh ( ex-showroom).
Low Rider S model looks different as it doesn’t come with Chrome studded, as you may see in maximum other Harley models.
However, there are components in the Low Rider S model that comes with Chrome-like exhaust tips, engine fins. Handlebar gets the .custom look, and the seat comes single as standard.
The S gets the 1,868 cc 114 Milwaukee Eight V-Twin engine capable of coming with 161 Nm of torque at 3,000 rpm, as Harley claims.
It also receives a similar component like Fat Bob, and that is twin disc front brake configuration and 43 mm USD front fork.
The motorcycle weighs 308 kg and 16 inch rear wheel and gets 19 inches a front. Michelin tires with 180/70 section tire at the rear and gets 110/90 section tire at the front.
Brad Richards, Harley-Davidson Vice President of Styling & Design, said, “The look of the new Low Rider S is really rooted in the legacy of the Low Rider models of the 1980s, that has a devoted following which has spread worldwide from origins in Southern California, and in the recent Dyna-based Low Rider S model.”
He also further said, “We’ve applied that coastal style and performance-first attitude to the Softail chassis to create a Low Rider S that’s more powerful and agile than ever, with a heavy dose of tough-as-nails attitude.”
- ENGINE1Milwaukee-Eight® 114
- BORE102 mm
- STROKE114 mm
- DISPLACEMENT1,868 cc
- COMPRESSION RATIO10.5:1
- FUEL SYSTEMElectronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- EXHAUST2-into-2 offset shotgun; catalyst in the muffler
- LENGTH2,355 mm
- SEAT HEIGHT, UNLADEN690 mm
- GROUND CLEARANCE120 mm
- RAKE (STEERING HEAD) (DEG)28
- TRAIL145 mm
- WHEELBASE1,615 mm
- TIRES, FRONT SPECIFICATION110/90B19,62H,BW
- TIRES, REAR SPECIFICATION180/70B16,77H, BW
- FUEL CAPACITY18.9 l
- OIL CAPACITY (W/FILTER)4.7 l
- WEIGHT, AS SHIPPED295 kg
- WEIGHT, IN RUNNING ORDER308 kg
- ENGINE TORQUE TESTING METHODEC 134/2014
- TORQUE2155 Nm and ENGINE TORQUE (RPM)3,250
- HORSEPOWER93 PS / x69 Kw @ 5020 rpm
- LEAN ANGLE, RIGHT (DEG.)30.1
- LEAN ANGLE, LEFT (DEG.)30.1
- PRIMARY DRIVEChain, 34/46 ratio
- 1.GEAR RATIOS (OVERALL) 1ST9.311
- 2.GEAR RATIOS (OVERALL) 2ND6.454
- 3.GEAR RATIOS (OVERALL) 3RD4.793
- 4.GEAR RATIOS (OVERALL) 4TH3.882
- 5.GEAR RATIOS (OVERALL) 5TH3.307
- 6.GEAR RATIOS (OVERALL) 6TH2.79
- WHEELS, FRONT TYPE8Dark bronze, Radiate cast aluminum wheel.
- WHEELS, REAR TYPEDark bronze, Radiate cast aluminum wheel.
- BRAKES, CALIPER TYPE4-piston fixed front, and 2-piston floating rear.
- LIGHTS (AS PER COUNTRY REGULATION), INDICATOR LAMPS7High beam, turn signals, neutral, low oil pressure, engine diagnostics, ABS, security, low battery voltage, low fuel.
- GAUGES4-inch analog speedometer with digital gear, odometer, fuel level, clock, trip, range and tachometer indication; 4-inch analog tachometer.