The BMW M 1000 RR is a testament to BMW’s commitment to engineering excellence and the ongoing pursuit of higher performance in the motorcycle world. While the S 1000 RR had already set a high bar, the M 1000 RR and its M Competition Package show that BMW is pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.
Here are some of the key features of the BMW M 1000 RR:
- 999cc, liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder four-stroke engine with ShiftCam technology
- 212 horsepower at 15,000 rpm
- 79 pound-feet (113 Newton-meters) of torque at 11,000 rpm
- M Engine Protector
- 6.5-inch TFT display
- OBD interface for the standard M GPS-Laptrigger
- M Competition Package
1. Price Point and Global Disparities: The BMW M 1000 RR is undeniably a premium offering. With the Malaysian price hovering around $62,000, it stands as one of the most expensive production bikes on the market. However, its US pricing of $37,990 showcases the stark differences in motorcycle pricing across various markets.
2. M Competition Package: This package elevates the M 1000 RR’s performance and aesthetics. With offerings such as the anodized aluminium swing arm, M Carbon wheels, and additional aesthetic and functional upgrades, it’s a package that true enthusiasts would lust after.
3. Engine Performance: The heart of the M 1000 RR is its 999cc, liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder four-stroke engine. The introduction of the ShiftCam technology ensures optimal performance throughout different RPM ranges. With an impressive 212 horsepower and 79 pound-feet of torque, it’s built for those who seek both thrill and power.
4. Additional Features and Customization: The 6.5-inch TFT display adds to the modern touch, and the inclusion of the M GPS-Laptrigger and OBD interface means riders are getting tech-savvy additions. BMW also allows riders to customize their M 1000 RR with a range of optional accessories, ensuring that the bike can be personalized to individual preferences.
5. Iconic Color Scheme: Despite its many technical advancements, BMW remains true to its heritage with the M 1000 RR’s classic colour scheme.
The BMW M 1000 RR is not just a motorcycle; it’s a statement. It’s a fusion of art and engineering, designed for those who appreciate the intricacies of high-performance machinery. The price tag might be steep for some, but for those who value the blend of performance, style, and innovation, the M 1000 RR might just be priceless.