Key points of the new Honda Dio 125:
- Available in two variants – standard and Smart.
- The price starts at Rs. 83,400.
- Powered by a 123.9cc, single-cylinder, air-cooled engine with eSP (Enhanced Smart Power).
- Maximum power and peak torque output are rated at 8.16bhp at 6,250rpm and 10.3Nm at 5,000rpm, respectively.
- Features LED headlight, idling stop system, side-stand indicator with engine inhibitor, integrated headlamp beam & passing switch, and a combined braking system.
- Smart variant gets additional features such as smart find, keyless start, and security functions.
- The braking setup on the base model includes drum brakes, while the Smart variant benefits from a petal-type front disc brake.
- Boasts a 5.3-litre fuel tank and boasts a kerb weight of 104kg.
- Both variants are available with the special 10-year warranty package (three years standard and seven years optional extension
The new Honda Dio 125 is available in two variants – standard and Smart. The base model is priced at Rs. 83,400, while the Smart variant, which comes with additional features, is priced at Rs. 91,300.
Here is a summary of the key information about the new Honda Dio 125:
- Styling: The Honda Dio 125 features a bold design targeted towards young buyers. It comes with an apron-mounted headlight and front turn indicators, sharp body panels, a split-style pillion grabrail, and a dual outlet exhaust. The scooter also has new graphics and a bold logo. The colour options include Pearl Siren Blue, Pearl Deep Ground Gray, Pearl Night Star Black, Matte Marvel Blue Metallic, Matte Axis Gray Metallic, Matte Sangria Red Metallic, and Sports Red.
- Engine: The Dio 125 is powered by a 123.9cc, single-cylinder, air-cooled engine with eSP (Enhanced Smart Power). It is OBD2-compliant and features a Honda ACG starter, improved tumble flow, friction reduction, improved combustion, and solenoid valves. The maximum power output is 8.16bhp at 6,250rpm, and the peak torque is 10.3Nm at 5,000rpm.
- Features: Both variants of the Dio 125 come with an LED headlight, idling stop system, side-stand indicator with engine inhibitor, integrated headlamp beam and passing switch, and a combined braking system. The Smart variant, in addition to these features, also includes H-Smart technology with functions like smart find, keyless start, and security features.
- Hardware: The Dio 125 is built on an underbone chassis and features telescopic front forks and a three-step preload-adjustable rear spring. The base model comes with drum brakes, while the Smart variant has a petal-type front disc brake. It has a 5.3-litre fuel tank capacity and a kerb weight of 104kg. Both variants are available with a special 10-year warranty package, including three years of standard warranty and an optional seven-year extension.
These are the key highlights and details about the new Honda Dio 125 launched in India.
Pros of the new Honda Dio 125:
- Stylish Design: The Dio 125 features a bold and attractive design, appealing to young buyers. It has sharp body panels, unique graphics, and a dual outlet exhaust, giving it a sporty appearance.
- LED Headlight: Both variants of the Dio 125 come with an LED headlight, providing enhanced visibility and a modern look.
- Enhanced Smart Power (eSP) Technology: The scooter is equipped with Honda’s eSP technology, which improves fuel efficiency, reduces friction, and enhances combustion, resulting in better performance and mileage.
- Idling Stop System: The Dio 125 features an idling stop system, which automatically shuts off the engine when the scooter is stationary for a certain period, helping to conserve fuel and reduce emissions.
- Combined Braking System (CBS): The CBS in the Dio 125 ensures better braking performance by applying both front and rear brakes simultaneously, improving stability and safety.
- Smart Key Variant Features: The Smart variant of the Dio 125 offers additional features such as H-Smart technology, keyless start, smart find, and security functions, adding convenience and security to the scooter.
Cons of the new Honda Dio 125:
- Limited Engine Power: The 123.9cc engine of the Dio 125 generates a maximum power output of 8.16bhp, which may be considered relatively low for some riders who desire more performance.
- Lack of Disc Brake in Base Model: The base model of the Dio 125 comes with drum brakes, while the Smart variant gets a petal-type front disc brake. Not having a disc brake option in the base variant may be a drawback for riders looking for enhanced braking performance.
- Limited Color Options: Although the Dio 125 offers a decent range of colour options, some riders may prefer a broader selection to suit their individual preferences.
- Weight: The Dio 125 has a kerb weight of 104kg, which may be slightly on the heavier side for riders who prefer lighter scooters for better manoeuvrability.
The new Honda Dio 125 brings several appealing features to the Indian scooter market. With its bold and sporty design, LED headlight, and advanced technology like eSP and CBS, it offers a modern and stylish riding experience. The Smart variant adds further convenience with its H-Smart technology and keyless start.
However, it’s worth considering that the Dio 125 may not satisfy riders seeking higher engine power, as its 123.9cc engine produces a modest output. Additionally, the absence of a disc brake option in the base model and the scooter’s relatively higher weight may be factors to consider.
Overall, the Honda Dio 125 presents an attractive package for riders looking for a stylish and feature-packed scooter in the 125cc segment. It’s advisable to test-ride the scooter and evaluate personal preferences and requirements before making a final decision.