The Yamaha MT-15 MotoGP edition is a great addition to the MT-15 lineup, offering a unique and stylish colour scheme that will appeal to many riders. The MotoGP edition is also the most expensive variant of the MT-15, but it comes with a few extra features, such as the Eneos and Monster Energy branding.
As MotoGP makes its thrilling debut in Bharat, Yamaha commemorates this significant occasion by launching a special MotoGP edition of the MT-15. This edition not only enhances the aesthetic appeal of the already popular MT-15 but also pays homage to Yamaha’s racing heritage. Let’s delve deeper into what the new MT-15 MotoGP edition brings to the table.
Yamaha MT-15 MotoGP:
Launch Context: In celebration of the inaugural MotoGP Bharat.
Variants: The MotoGP edition joins the line-up, making the MT-15 available in seven colours.
Price: The MotoGP edition is priced at Rs 1.72 lakh, making it the most expensive variant. The base price is Rs 1.67 lakh, varying by colour.
Design: The MotoGP edition features Eneos and Monster Energy branding, reminiscent of Yamaha’s MotoGP machine, the Yamaha M1.
Engine & Performance:
- 155cc OBD2-compliant single-cylinder engine.
- 18.1bhp at 10,000rpm.
- Peak torque of 14.2Nm at 7,500rpm.
- Six-speed gearbox.
- LED lighting.
- Variable Valve Actuation (VVA).
- Smartphone connectivity for the Y-Connect edition, providing call alerts, SMS and email notifications, phone battery status, last parked location, and malfunction notifications.
- Safety features include ABS and a traction control system.
Competition: The MT-15 competes with the Hero Xtreme 160R, TVS Apache RTR 160 4V, and Honda Hornet 2.0.
Pros of the Yamaha MT-15 MotoGP edition:
- Unique and stylish MotoGP colour scheme
- Powerful 155cc engine with traction control
- Good handling and performance
- Features like LED illumination, VVA, and smartphone connectivity
- Affordable pricing
Cons of the Yamaha MT-15 MotoGP edition:
- Only available in the MotoGP colour scheme, which may not appeal to everyone
- More expensive than the standard MT-15
- Single-channel ABS, which is less safe than dual-channel ABS
- Stiff suspension, which can be uncomfortable on rough roads
The Yamaha MT-15’s MotoGP edition is a testament to Yamaha’s commitment to merging style with performance. By combining the aesthetics of their MotoGP machine with the robust features of the MT-15, Yamaha offers a unique blend that is sure to entice both enthusiasts and casual riders. As the competition heats up in the segment with offerings from Hero, TVS, and Honda, the MT-15’s new avatar ensures it remains a compelling choice for those seeking a blend of sportiness and everyday usability.