News : 2018 Year in Glance : Best and Low Moments
2018 is coming to an end and before we enter into 2019. Lets capture the essence of best and low moments that took place in 2018.
- Harley Davidson launches their 2019 lineup with some good aggressive models.
- Their was bad news for Harley Davidson as Harleys profits were constantly going down quarter after quarter.
- Another major set back was Harley getting separated from Alta Motors.This was not on the cards and no one must had expected because Harley and Alta came together with much fanfare before few months.
- 2018 EICMA not only saw MV Agusta, BMW, Kawasaki going more aggressive but we also saw some new innovations from electric world like ARC Motorcycle coming up with motorcycle having Human Machine Interface as well as few other players like Kymco showcasing their electric superbike going upto speed of 255km/h.
- Another good moment we saw was Czech iconic brand Jawa gettting resurrected by Mahindra.
- Romano Fenati trying to pull the fellow competitors hand during race was talk of town which led him fired by M V Agusta and Foward Racing.
- All eyes were set on Ducati V4R which is an ambitious project for Ducati and it was very well received by the motorcycle world.
- While new BMW S1000RR was teased many a times it did garnered much attention when the pictures were leaked.
- Suzuki teased Katana more than thrice.
- Well we also saw the teaser in Dec 2018 from Lazareth of its flying motorcycle which could pave the way for humans for easy commute in near future.
Well we also should not forget the forthcoming challenges that are ahead of us
- One of the most important challenge will be for motorcycle manufacturers is to read the mind of millennial and how they make purchase decisions.
- BS VI becomes a reality in April 2020 in India.
- Age demographics are changing with youth power to the fore in emerging markets like India and the ASEAN region.