Summary of the Monaco Grand Prix 2023:
- Max Verstappen won the race, extending his lead in the Drivers’ Championship to 39 points.
- Fernando Alonso finished second, while Esteban Ocon rounded out the podium.
- Sergio Pérez retired from the race after crashing in qualifying.
- The race was held in wet conditions, which made it challenging for all drivers.
- Verstappen could control the race from the start and never looked like losing.
- Alonso put up an intense fight, but he could not catch Verstappen.
- Ocon took advantage of a late safety car to finish on the podium.
- Pérez’s retirement was a significant blow to his championship hopes.
- The next race will be the Spanish Grand Prix on June 2-4.
Here are additional details about the race:
- Verstappen started the race on medium tires, while Alonso started on hards.
- Verstappen pitted for intermediates on lap 29, while Alonso pitted for slicks on lap 31.
- The rain intensified on lap 33, and Alonso pitted again for intermediates.
- Verstappen could stay out on the intermediates and build a lead over Alonso.
- The safety car came out on lap 37, and Verstappen pitted for slicks.
- Alonso pitted for slicks on lap 41.
- Verstappen could hold on to win the race, with Alonso finishing second and Ocon finishing third.
The Monaco Grand Prix is one of the most prestigious races on the Formula One calendar. It is a street race, which means that it is held on public roads that have been closed off for the race. The track is narrow and twisty, making it difficult to overtake. This makes the Monaco Grand Prix a test of both driver skill and car performance.
Verstappen’s victory in Monaco was his fourth of the season. He has now won more races than any other driver in 2023. Verstappen’s success has also extended his lead in the Drivers’ Championship to 39 points.
Alonso’s second-place finish was his best result of the season. Alonso is a four-time world champion, and he is considered to be one of the best drivers in Formula One history. Alonso’s performance in Monaco showed that he could still win races.
Ocon’s third-place finish was his first podium finish of the season. Ocon is a young driver quickly making a name for himself in Formula One. Ocon’s podium finish was an excellent result for Alpine, and it showed that the team is capable of challenging for race wins.
F1 Monaco GP Standing
The next race on the Formula One calendar is the Spanish Grand Prix. The Spanish Grand Prix is a traditional race and is always popular with fans. The Spanish Grand Prix is an excellent opportunity for drivers to test their cars on a different track type. The Spanish Grand Prix is also a good opportunity for drivers to score points in the Drivers’ Championship.
|1||1||RED BULL RACING HONDA RBPT||78||1:48:51.980||25|
|2||14||ASTON MARTIN ARAMCO MERCEDES||78||+27.921s||18|
|9||4||MCLAREN MERCEDES||77||+1 lap||2|
|10||81||MCLAREN MERCEDES||77||+1 lap||1|
|11||77||ALFA ROMEO FERRARI||77||+1 lap||0|
|12||21||ALPHATAURI HONDA RBPT||77||+1 lap||0|
|13||24||ALFA ROMEO FERRARI||77||+1 lap||0|
|14||23||WILLIAMS MERCEDES||77||+1 lap||0|
|15||22||ALPHATAURI HONDA RBPT||76||+2 laps||0|
|16||11||RED BULL RACING HONDA RBPT||76||+2 laps||0|
|17||27||HAAS FERRARI||76||+2 laps||0|
|18||2||WILLIAMS MERCEDES||76||+2 laps||0|
|NC||18||ASTON MARTIN ARAMCO MERCEDES||53||DNF||0|