- Car name: Honda NSX Electric Vision Design Study
- Type: Electric supercar
- Market: Global
- Size: Mid-size
- Powertrain: Hybrid
- Availability: Concept car, not yet available for purchase
- Year of manufacturer: 2023
- Number of seats: 2
- Mileage: N/A
- The concept car previews the next generation of the NSX supercar.
- Powered by a hybrid powertrain, but no further details have been released yet.
- Expected to be more powerful and efficient than its predecessor.
- It will be interesting to see how it compares to other electric supercars like the Porsche Taycan and the Tesla Model S Plaid.
During the Monterey Car Week in California, Honda unveiled a highly anticipated successor to its NSX supercar through an Electric Vision Design Study.
The brand offered a sneak peek with three images showcasing a sleek and low-set coupe featuring a forward-cab design, reminiscent of the iconic mid-engined NSX. Branded as an Acura, Honda’s luxury division in the US, the car also boasts a rear light bar that pays homage to the first-generation NSX.
- Sleek, low-set coupe with a forward-cab design.
- The rear light bar is reminiscent of the first-gen NSX.
- Likely to be powered by a hybrid powertrain.
- More powerful and efficient than its predecessor.
- Will be interesting to see how it compares to other electric supercars.
The revealed silhouette closely resembles the model that was previously teased in May 2022. This unveiling aligns with Honda’s robust electrification strategy, emphasizing a high-end, NSX-inspired model. This exciting development is a precursor to the automaker’s 75th-anniversary celebrations, where it’s likely that the full concept will finally be showcased in late September.
It’s worth recalling the second-generation NSX’s journey began with a near-production concept introduced in 2012, and after a five-year gestation period, it transitioned into production. The recent Electric Vision Design Study demonstrates Honda’s commitment to carrying forward the NSX legacy, and enthusiasts can look forward to more details as the 75th-anniversary event draws near.
Honda’s preview of the highly anticipated successor to the NSX supercar through the Electric Vision Design Study marks a significant step in the brand’s electrification strategy. The sleek and forward-looking design, coupled with nods to the NSX heritage, creates excitement for the forthcoming full concept reveal during Honda’s 75th-anniversary celebrations. This continuation of the NSX legacy reinforces Honda’s commitment to high-performance vehicles and innovation in the automotive industry.