Key points about the Mash Belena:
- Mash Motorcycles is a brand that collaborates with Chinese manufacturer Shineray to produce affordable European-designed motorcycles in China.
- The Mash Belena is a departure from the brand’s traditional retro-inspired designs, being a sporty, modern-style maxi-scooter.
- It is available in two variants: 125cc and 300cc, priced at £3,399 and £3,999 in the UK, respectively.
- The scooters are backed by a three-year warranty with unlimited mileage, providing confidence in the product’s reliability.
- The Belena features angular bodywork, a faux trellis frame, and a futuristic facia with LED lights and DRLs.
- It includes premium features such as a large windscreen for added comfort on long highway rides, front and rear disc brakes for enhanced safety, and 14-inch front and 13-inch rear wheels.
- The scooter offers convenience features like a large illuminated storage compartment, keyless ignition, a colour display, and Bluetooth connectivity.
- The Managing Director of SIMA and Mash Motorcycles, Jean-Michel Paquient, sees the Belena as a representation of their vision for the future of urban mobility, aiming to provide a modern, comfortable, and accessible riding experience for everyone.
- With its affordable pricing and attractive features, the Belena aims to gain popularity among beginner riders and urban commuters in the UK.
The collaboration between European and Chinese motorcycle manufacturers has become a common practice, enabling European designs to be produced more affordably thanks to China’s lower labour costs. This trend has made motorcycles more attainable for consumers, and some Chinese manufacturers have improved their quality control, offering reliable products.
One brand has gained popularity among beginner riders in the UK is Mash. Mash motorcycles are designed in Europe but manufactured in China by their affiliation with Shineray, a Chinese motorcycle giant that also produces bikes for other brands. The brand’s appeal lies in its trendy, retro-inspired designs and straightforward construction.
Belena Maxi Scooter
However, Mash seems to be branching out from its traditional offerings with the release of the Belena, a sporty, modern-style maxi-scooter. This is a departure from their classic-style roadsters and rugged retro-inspired scramblers. The Belena comes in two variants: a 125cc and a 300cc version, priced at £3,399 and £3,999 in the UK, respectively. The scooters are backed by an attractive three-year warranty covering parts and labour, offered with unlimited mileage.
Jean-Michel Paquient, the Managing Director of SIMA and Mash Motorcycles stated that the Mash Belena represents their vision of the future of urban mobility, designed to offer a modern, comfortable, and accessible riding experience for everyone.
The Belena features a commuter scooter design with angular bodywork, a faux trellis frame, and a futuristic facia equipped with LED lights and DRLs. It also includes a large windscreen for added comfort during highway rides. Both variants have 14-inch front and 13-inch rear wheels and come with front and rear disc brakes for enhanced stopping power. The scooters offer additional conveniences like a spacious illuminated storage compartment, keyless ignition, a colour display, and Bluetooth connectivity.
Here are some of the pros and cons of the Mash Belena:
- Stylish and modern design
- Affordable price
- Long three-year warranty
- Large storage compartment
- Keyless ignition
- Colour display
- Bluetooth connectivity
- 125cc engine may be underpowered for some riders
- Suspension may be a bit stiff for some riders
- Not as many features as some other maxi-scooters
The Mash Belena represents a notable shift in direction for the brand, moving away from its traditional retro-inspired designs and venturing into the realm of sporty, modern-style maxi-scooters. With its collaboration with Chinese manufacturer Shineray, Mash can offer affordable European-designed motorcycles, making them accessible to a broader range of consumers.
The scooter’s design showcases angular bodywork, a faux trellis frame, and futuristic LED lights and DRLs, giving it a distinct and modern look. Practical features such as a large windscreen, front and rear disc brakes, and ample storage space add to its functionality and comfort.
Mash Belena, the Managing Director of SIMA and Mash Motorcycles envisions the future of urban mobility, providing a modern, comfortable, and accessible riding experience for everyone.