The Alpine A110 S Enstone Edition is a special-edition version of the A110 S sports car, created to celebrate Alpine’s Formula 1 team ahead of the British Grand Prix. The limited-production model incorporates carbon-fibre elements from the same Enstone workshop as the racing outfit.
The A110 S Enstone Edition interior features carbon components made using tools, moulds, and autoclaves from the Alpine F1 factory. The instrument cluster visor, centre console, and drop zone are made of this exclusive material, branded with Alpine’s A arrow mark and the BWT Alpine F1 Team signature. Each car is numbered, with only 300 units planned for production, and comes with a certificate of authenticity from the Enstone factory.
The cabin of the Enstone Edition is finished in black microfiber with grey contrast stitching, and it features sporty Sabelt Racing seats with exclusive Enstone Edition embroidery. The car will be available in two shades of matte grey, “Gris Tonnerre” and “Argent Mercure,” with a matte-black roof adorned with the Union Jack flag (available in gloss or matte tone-on-tone black). The A110 S Enstone Edition has 18-inch matte black GT Race wheels and silver Brembo callipers.
Under the hood, the Enstone Edition retains the A110 S’s mid-mounted turbocharged 1.8-litre four-cylinder engine, which generates 300 horsepower and 251 pound-feet of torque. With the optional aero kit, the rear-wheel-drive coupe can accelerate from 0 to 62 miles per hour in 4.2 seconds and achieve a top speed of 171 mph.
Orders for the Enstone Edition will be accepted in France starting soon. The starting price is set at €85,000 ($92,495). While Alpine is not currently available in the United States, the company plans for a global expansion by 2027, which includes launching seven electric vehicles. Alpine may introduce the electric successor to the A110 in the US if successful.
The current A110 will continue to be sold until the end of 2026, and more special editions are expected in the coming years. However, there is no specific timeline for when Alpine might offer the existing A110 or its future electric models in the American market.
Pros of the Alpine A110 S Enstone Edition:
- Exclusive and Limited Edition: The Enstone Edition is a special and limited-production model which adds exclusivity and uniqueness to the car. With only 300 units planned for production, owners will have a rare and collectable vehicle.
- Racing-Inspired Design: The Enstone Edition incorporates carbon-fibre elements from the Alpine F1 Team, giving it a sporty, high-performance look. The racing team’s interior carbon components and branding add to the overall aesthetic appeal.
- Enhanced Performance: The A110 S Enstone Edition retains the powerful mid-mounted turbocharged engine from the A110 S, providing 300 horsepower and 251 pound-feet of torque. The car’s performance capabilities, including a 0-62 mph time of 4.2 seconds and a top speed of 171 mph, offer an exhilarating driving experience.
- Unique Styling Features: The Enstone Edition offers two shades of matte grey with a matte-black roof adorned with the Union Jack flag. The special wheels and Brembo callipers further enhance the car’s visual appeal.
Cons of the Alpine A110 S Enstone Edition:
- Limited Availability: The Enstone Edition will be produced in limited quantities, making it difficult for all interested buyers to secure a unit. This exclusivity could limit accessibility for those interested in owning the car.
- High Price Tag: The starting price of €85,000 ($92,495) for the Enstone Edition is relatively high, especially considering it is based on the A110 S. The exclusivity and special features contribute to the elevated price, which might deter some potential buyers.
- Geographical Availability: Alpine is currently unavailable in the United States, and there is no specific timeline for the brand’s expansion globally. This limits the accessibility of the Enstone Edition and other Alpine models to markets outside of France and select regions.
- Limited Practicality: The A110 S Enstone Edition is a two-seater sports car, so it might not be the most practical choice for everyday use or carrying passengers. Its focus on performance and driving pleasure may limit its usability for certain individuals seeking more practical features or seating capacity.
The Alpine A110 S Enstone Edition offers an exclusive experience for automotive enthusiasts. With its limited production, racing-inspired design, and enhanced performance, it stands out as a special edition model with a strong appeal to collectors and fans of the Alpine brand. Using carbon-fibre elements from the Alpine F1 Team adds a touch of motorsport heritage to the car’s interior.
However, the limited availability, high price tag, and restricted geographic availability might pose challenges for potential buyers. Additionally, the A110 S Enstone Edition’s two-seater configuration and focus on performance might limit its practicality for everyday use or accommodating passengers.
Ultimately, purchasing the Alpine A110 S Enstone Edition will depend on an individual’s preferences, budget, and desire for exclusivity. It offers a distinctive blend of style, performance, and racing pedigree for those who appreciate the combination.