- Rolls-Royce created the La Rose Noire Droptail, a one-of-a-kind car inspired by the Black Baccara rose.
- The car is finished in a dark red colour called True Love and has a removable hardtop that can be converted into a roadster.
- Interior of the car is luxurious and features a one-of-a-kind Audemars Piguet watch.
- The La Rose Noire Droptail is the first of four unique Droptail commissions that Rolls-Royce plans to build.
- The other three cars will be inspired by different flowers.
- The La Rose Noire Droptail is a very expensive car, and it is estimated to be worth over $30 million.
Rolls-Royce unveiled the La Rose Noire Droptail, a captivating motor car dubbed a “love story,” during a private event at Monterey Car Week. Drawing inspiration from the Black Baccara rose, this masterpiece symbolizes the distilled experiences cherished by its owners, epitomizing their unmatched connoisseurship.
La Rose Noire Droptail
The car’s defining feature is its colour, christened “True Love.” This deep pomegranate shade boasts a pearlescent shimmer that shifts hues depending on light conditions. Achieving this effect required a cutting-edge paint process: five layers of clear lacquer, each blended with subtly different red tones. A laborious endeavour, the process went through over 150 iterations before perfection.
True Love color
A striking dark finish, named Hydroshade for its liquid-like quality, adorns the brightwork. Instead of paint, a chrome electrolyte is introduced during plating to create a reflective yet dark surface. This finish extends to the interior, hand-polished to a brilliant gloss.
The Droptail stands out for its convertible hardtop, offering two distinct personas. With the electrochromic glass section, the long, low roof exudes coupe drama. Upon removal, the car transforms into an agile open-top roadster.
The interior envelops occupants in opulent craftsmanship, notably exquisite parquetry. Crafted from 1,603 black wood veneer triangles, the pattern mirrors falling rose petals in a deliberately asymmetrical arrangement.
Audemars Piguet Royal Oak
The pièce de résistance is the integrated bespoke timepiece—a 43-millimetre Audemars Piguet Royal Oak concept Split-Seconds Chronograph GMT Large Date. Synchronized with La Rose Noire’s colours, the watch features red counters and an inner bezel for vibrant contrast against the black dial. The watch is removable and wearable, and its absence reveals an elegant titanium blank head watch showcasing a white-gold coin with a rose engraving.
La Rose Noire continues Rolls-Royce’s bespoke legacy, one of four unique Droptail commissions on the horizon. As Rolls-Royce embraces the electric future, including the new Spectre model, this handcrafted marvel remains a testament to the brand’s commitment to exclusivity and personalization.