1200cc Streetfighter from Moto Morini
The last EICMA we saw Moto Morini going aggressive and had brought three new models.
6 1/2 Seiemmezzo
- 6 1/2 Seiemmezzo is new platform that Moro Morini has built for a mid-size scambler.
- The bike gets a full LED headlight that looks similar to its elder sibling Super Scrambler which is 1200cc.
- The engine is 649cc with a 5″ inch TFT dash to show vital information to the rider.
Super Scrambler (1200cc)
- The elder sibling of 6 1/2 Seiemmezzo gets off-road tires and adapted suspension to ride it on tracks.
- Since 2000 this 1200cc engine is the largest make from Moto Morini camp.
- Super Scrambler gets 1187cc with four valves, liquid-cool engine.
- The midsize adventure model is 19″ front wheel and 50 mm front adjustable fork.
- 649cc, 2 cylinders, liquid -cool engine.
- The saddle space is 83cm from the ground but is also comfortable for tall riders.
You can see more information on all these three models here.
However, now Moto Morini has the vision to go one step ahead and develop a naked 1200cc Streetfighter that may well compete with naked beasts like.
Kawasaki ZH2, Ducati Streetfighter V4 and M V Agusta’s Brutale 1000 Serie Oro.
These naked liveries have a power range from 198hp to 208 hp respectively.
If we are sure, the naked Streetfighter that Moto Morini has the plan to develop will be based on Super Scrambler 1187cc engine with four valves, liquid-cool engine and is capable of making 113 hp.
However if it needs to compete with the ZH2, Streetfighter V4 or Brutale 1000 Serie Oro. Moto Mortini may well have to raise the power output of there new naked Streetfighter.
Plus Moto Morini also will have to keep the weight low and bring in the high-end components like Ohlins and Brembos.
But these Bezzi designs are quite compelling. There is no official announcement as yet, but we feel Moto Morini should definitely give a thought to bring this Streetfighter soon.
Source: Moto Morini
Kawasaki Z900 gets the “Captain America” theme
Top 5 facts about CF Moto’s 700 CLX
M V Agusta’s vision 2020