Bugatti has recently announced its plans to expand operations at its main facility and production plant in Molsheim, France. The expansion aims to meet the growing demand for Bugatti’s products in the post-Chiron era. Bugatti is known for being a low-volume manufacturer, with its vehicles commanding high prices in the seven-figure range.
In 2022, Bugatti experienced its highest sales volume, with approximately 80 units sold. The Chiron model completely sold out by January 2022, and the final model called the Chiron Profilée, was completed by December of that year. It subsequently set a record by selling for $10.8 million at an auction in February 2023. Bugatti is developing the track-only Bolide model, with deliveries expected to begin in 2024.
What does Bugatti’s CEO say?
Bugatti Rimac CEO Mate Rimac has confirmed that the development of the Chiron’s successor is underway. The new model is expected to feature a hybridized powertrain instead of a pure-electric one and will not share components with the Chiron or the Rimac Nevera.
The iconic W-16 engine will also be phased out after the production of the 99 Mistral roadsters is completed. A new internal combustion powertrain is anticipated to debut alongside the Chiron replacement sometime this year. However, series production is not expected to start until at least a year after the debut.
Bugatti plans to construct a new two-story building at its Molsheim site to support its hypercar endeavour. The facility will have an area of 22,820 square feet and will be next to the existing main production building. Construction is scheduled to commence in the second half of 2024.
The new building will accommodate both management personnel and part of the production team. Bugatti has also announced a recruitment drive to find production, logistics, quality control, and planning experts. The company aims to increase its staff by more than 50 percent by the end of 2027.
The expansion of Bugatti’s operations and the construction of a new facility offer several benefits for the company:
- Increased Production Capacity: The expansion allows Bugatti to increase its production capacity, enabling the company to meet the growing demand for its high-performance hypercars. With a larger facility, Bugatti can produce more vehicles and potentially reduce customer wait times.
- Enhanced Efficiency: The new facility can be designed with modern production techniques and optimized workflows, improving operational efficiency. Bugatti can streamline manufacturing processes, reduce bottlenecks, and enhance overall productivity.
- Accommodating New Models: The expansion is crucial for Bugatti’s plans to develop and launch new models, including the successor to the Chiron. The additional space and resources provided by the new facility will support the development and production of these new hypercars.
- Job Creation: Bugatti’s recruitment drive for experts in various fields will create new job opportunities. The company’s expansion will benefit its growth and contribute to the local economy by providing employment opportunities in the automotive sector.
- Strengthening the Brand: Bugatti’s commitment to expanding its operations demonstrates the company’s confidence in its future and its commitment to innovation and excellence. The expansion can enhance Bugatti’s brand image and reputation as a leading manufacturer of exclusive, high-performance vehicles.
- Technological Advancements: With the expansion, Bugatti can invest in state-of-the-art technology and equipment, allowing for advancements in manufacturing processes, quality control, and overall product development. This can result in even more impressive and technologically advanced hypercars.
Bugatti’s plans to expand its operations and construct a new facility in Molsheim, France, represent a significant step for the company as it aims to keep up with the growing demand for its high-performance hypercars.
The expansion offers numerous benefits, including increased production capacity, enhanced efficiency, the ability to accommodate new models, job creation, and strengthening Bugatti’s brand image.
With the additional resources and capabilities provided by the new facility, Bugatti is positioning itself for continued success in the post-Chiron era and reaffirming its commitment to delivering exclusive and technologically advanced vehicles.