That sounds like an exciting event! Bugatti is known for organizing exclusive driving events for its customers, and the Bugatti 400 Drive 2023 held at the Johnny Bohmer Proving Grounds in Florida’s Merritt Island sounds like an incredible experience.
The event occurred at the original landing strip for the Space Shuttle program, which is a three-mile-long straight, providing an ideal location for high-speed driving. Bugatti aimed for a targeted top speed of 400 kph (approximately 248 mph) during the event in honour of Ferdinand Piëch’s challenge that led to the development of the Veyron.
Various Bugatti Models
Various Bugatti models were present at the event, including the Divo and the Chiron Super Sport 300+, which set a top speed record of 304.773 mph in 2019. All modern Bugatti models are equipped with a turbocharged 8.0-litre W-16 engine, generating impressive horsepower ranging from 1,480 hp in the standard Chiron to 1,577 hp in models like the Super Sport 300+.
Participants in the event received instructions on how to handle the cars at high speeds. Interestingly, one of the participants was not a customer but a dealer from Bugatti Greenwich in Connecticut. He was invited as a reward for his strong sales performance in 2022.
Bugatti’s commitment to organizing such events and maintaining close contact with its customers highlights its dedication to delivering extraordinary experiences and fostering solid relationships with its clientele.
I also think it’s excellent that Bugatti is willing to recognize and reward its dealers for their hard work. It’s important to show appreciation for the people helping sell your products, which is a great way to do it. I’m sure that the dealer from Bugatti Greenwich was very honoured to be invited to the event, and it will likely motivate him to continue working hard.
I think Bugatti is doing a great job of building relationships with its customers and dealers. These events are a great way to show their appreciation and create lasting memories.
Here are some additional details about the event:
- The event was held at the Johnny Bohmer Proving Grounds, located at the Kennedy Space Center on Florida’s Merritt Island. The site is actually the original landing strip for the Space Shuttle program, consisting of a three-mile-long straight.
- The targeted top speed for the event was 400 kph (approximately 248 mph).
- Various Bugatti models were present, including the Divo and the Chiron Super Sport 300+.
- Before they took to the runway, the customers were instructed on what to expect and how to handle the car at such high speeds.
- One curious rule is letting the car wander at high speeds rather than trying to steer it.
- One of the participants wasn’t a customer but a Bugatti Greenwich (Connecticut) dealer. He was invited as an award for his strong sales performance in 2022.