Today, the Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme (FIM) announced three races in the 2022 MXGP, Speedway Grand Prix, and SidecarCross World Championship series cancelled due to ongoing issues in Russia. The series which were to take place in Russia but are no more on the agenda are as follows:
- Lombardia, Italy at Mantova: March 6, 2022
- Patagonia-Argentina at Villa La Angostura: March 20, 2022
- Portugal at Agueda: April 3, 2022
- Trentino, Italy at Pietramurata: April 10, 2022
- Latvia at Kegums: April 24, 2022
- TBA event on May 1, 2022 (no details yet available)
- Sardegna, Italy at Riola Sardo: May 15, 2022
- Spain at Intu Xanadu—Arroyomolinos: May 29, 2022
- Monster Energy MXGP of France at Emee: June 5, 2022
- Liqui Moly MXGP of Germany at Teutschenthal: June 12, 2022
- Indonesia at Samota-Sumbawa: June 26, 2022
- Jakarta, Indonesia at Jakarta: July 3, 2022
- Czech Republic at Loket: July 17, 2022
- Flanders, Belgium at Lommel: July 24, 2022
- Sweden at Uddevalla: August 7, 2022
- MXGP of Finland at Litti-Kymiring: August 14, 2022
- MXGP of Charente Maritime, France at St. Jean d’Angely: August 21, 2022
- BitCi MXGP of Turkey at Afyonkarahisar: September 4, 2022
- TBA event on September 18, 2022 (no details yet available)
- Monster Energy FIM MXoN at RedBud: September 25, 2022
This morning, MXGP cancelled the EMX250 and EMX Open European Championships scheduled for April 30 through May 1 in Orlyonok, Russia, due to concerns about the ongoing war in Ukraine.
Should that situation improve, the FIM will nominate another host GP to replace the cancelled EMX250/EMXOpen weekend.
We also cant see the FIM SidecarCross World Championships round and the FIM Speedway Grand Prix round scheduled for June 26, 2022, in Bucha-Kyiv, Ukraine on the agenda.
The FIM Speedway Grand Prix round set for July 9, 2022, in Togliatti, Russia, are also not present on the agenda.