Munich is buzzing with anticipation for the upcoming IAA Mobility event, and Mercedes-Benz promises to be the star of the show. On September 3, they’ll pull the curtains off their new Concept CLA Class, and we’ve got a sneak peek for you!
Key points of the Mercedes-Benz Concept CLA Class:
- The first to ride on the new Mercedes Modular Architecture (MMA).
- Range of 466 miles and a consumption of approximately 12 kWh per 100km.
- Feature distinctive styling compared to the EQ models currently available from Mercedes.
- The production model is not expected to get EQ branding.
- It is a significant car for Mercedes-Benz, as it will be the first in a new generation of electric vehicles that will help the company achieve its goal of electrifying its entire lineup by 2030.
466 Miles on a Single Charge
This electric beauty will be the first to cruise on Mercedes’ brand-new Modular Architecture (MMA). The specs? Impressive. The Concept CLA Class will give you a whopping 466 miles on a single charge, consuming about 12 kWh for every 100km. How does it achieve this? Well, Mercedes has drawn valuable insights from their Vision EQXX to make this possible.
A teaser image has already given us some clues about its design. Unlike the current EQ models, the Concept CLA stands out with a more prominent grille, which, interestingly, doesn’t merge with the headlights, a departure from designs like the EQE and EQS. But don’t let the ‘concept’ tag fool you; this car previews what’s coming in Mercedes’ next-generation models. Given that Mercedes just unveiled a facelift for the 2024 CLA-Class, we might have to wait a bit longer to see this electric version roam our streets.
In a statement-making waves, Mercedes-Benz CEO Ola Källenius proclaimed: “The Concept CLA Class paves the way for a revolutionary range of electric-first vehicles. With our dedicated MMA platform, we aim to elevate our game in this segment, setting new expectations.”
But here’s a twist – when this model rolls off the production line, it might ditch the ‘EQ’ badge. We’re hearing that Mercedes plans to electrify its entire lineup, starting in 2024, without relying solely on the EQ branding.
Get ready for the Mercedes-Benz Concept CLA Class and an electric parade at IAA Mobility. We’ll keep you updated with all the electrifying details!