News : Yamaha to bring refine versions of “YZF-R3” “YZF-R25” for 2019.
Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. has refined the style and driving performance of the 2019 model of the popular road sports “YZF – R 3” and “YZF – R 25” in various countries around the world, and started “YZF – R 25” from October 2018 In Indonesia, “YZF-R3” will be released in the United States from December the same year.
In addition, we will also release models with ABS on both models in the country. In addition, “YZF-R3 ABS” “YZF-R25” “YZF-R25 ABS” are planned to be released in Japan from next spring.
The 2019 model increased its presence by renewing its styling to enhance its relationship with our flagship model “YZF-R1”. We also incorporated new features to further improve driving performance.
The main features are
- A new appearance pursuing aerodynamics,
- An inverted front suspension contributing to a good grounding feeling when turning, and
- A fully digital meter with high visibility.
Since “YZF-R25” was launched in 2014, the race image and performance are endorsed by users. Especially in Indonesia, it is a model that drives our sports image, and it is a subject of admiration mainly for young customers. Yamaha Group companies YIMM (PT. Yamaha Indonesia Motor Manufacturing) will conduct manufacturing.
R3 Specs for Europe
- Total length: 2,090 mm
- Width: 730 mm [720 mm]
- Height: 1,140 mm [1,135 mm ]
- Wheelbase: 1,380 mm
- Seat height: 780 mm
- Weight: 166 kg [ABS: 169 kg] [169 kg]
- (There are also some countries where ※ 167 kg is mentioned)
- Fuel tank: 14.0 L
- Minimum ground clearance: 160 mm
- Engine: DOHC water cooled 2 cylinder 4 valve
- Displacement capacity: 321 cc
- Bore × Stroke: 68.0 mm × 44.1 mm
- Compression ratio: 11.2: 1
- Gear: 6th gear
- Horsepower: 30.9 kw (42.0 PS) / 10, 750 rpm
- Torque: 29.6 Nm / 9,000 rpm
- Mileage: about 26.3 km / L
- Front suspension: 37 mm inverted
- Travel: 130 mm
- Rear Suspension: Mono Shock
- Travel: 125 mm
- Caster: 25 °
- Trail: 95 mm
- Front brake: 298 mm disk / 2 POT
- Rear brake: 220 mm disk / 1 POT
- Front tire: 110 / 70-17M / C 54H
- Rear tire: 140 / 70-17M / C 66H
Although YZF-R3 is a specification of Europe model at the very beginning, it may be somewhat different because the country is different. It is a bit mystery. Release date for both the models in Japan is March 28th, 2019.
Changes of the new model YZF-R25 of the 2019 model
Summary Equipment changes
- Inverted front fork
- Handle (22 mm lowered)
- New type top yoke
- R3: Dunlop Sports Max GPR-300 (radial tire)
- R25: IRC RX-01 (same as current)
Changes in electrical equipment
- Liquid crystal meter
- LED head light
- Design (wheels, tails, mufflers etc. are as they are)
- Fuel tank (lowered)
- The aircraft improvement improved the maximum speed by 8.04 km / h
- Overall width: + 10 mm
- Overall height: + 5 mm
There seems to be almost no change in specifications. Because the engine and car body are the same as the current one.
Meters, suspensions, headlights, etc. do not appear in the spec, but are important changes.
Source : Yamaha