After months of research and development, Wunderlich Motorcycle Accessories has revealed its new line of accessories for the BMW R18 motorcycle. This new line focuses on the front fairing intending to make these products as attractive as possible.
The German company also commented on this innovation by stating that it wanted to show there is more to a cruiser than a fast motor.
Read Also: Limited edition BMW R18 100 Anniversary
The BMW cruiser arrives in various variants like the BMW R18 Transcontinental, BMW R18 bagger and BMW R18 classic. We have also seen many custom BMW R18’s in the past. However, let’s get to the point of the fairing. It is the second fantastically designed fairing that attaches to the handlebar since the market launch of the BMW R18.
Like the Rock’n’Roll cockpit fairing, it has an extremely high recognition value right from the first glance. It combines a refined, extrovert appearance with the outstanding tour qualities that are to be expected from Wunderlich.
The HIGHWAY is available in black or black with white lines, with the lacquer applied traditionally and with perfect craftsmanship. For those wanting entirely personal customization, we also offer the HIGHWAY in an unpainted version.
The stylish SPORT or TOURING windshields perfectly round off the comprehensive range of customization options. These must be ordered separately and differ in their degree of tinting and height, thereby making the HIGHWAY extremely versatile: for the Boulevard or Route 66. Wunderlich offers a suitable dashboard for the installation of round instruments.
BMW R 18 B
As is to be expected, the entire fairing fits seamlessly into the high-quality design of the Bavarian Cruiser. It even accentuates it, particularly in the front and side silhouette of the Big Boxer. Alongside the design, the familiar quality aspects from Wunderlich aren’t forgotten either – quite the opposite.
The HIGHWAY that perfectly encloses the headlight with small gap dimensions is deep-drawn. The form is then manufactured to precision on a CNC milling machine. The intricate basic bracket consists of a precisely fitting, elaborate structure made from precision steel tubes and a precisely edged steel sheet.
The solid design, fitted to the headlight console and the triple upper clamp, is powder-coated in black. Its three-dimensional form ensures precision connections and the necessary stiffness of the base for the stately fairing.
Read Also: Meet the custom BMW R18 from Mandrill Garage
- Fantastically designed, the striking fairing attaches to the handlebar with an extraordinarily high recognition value.
- Creates an individual accent in the front and side silhouette of the Big Boxer
- Combines a refined, extrovert appearance with outstanding tour qualities
- Numerous possibilities for individual customization thanks to a selection of paint and windshield options
- Versatile: for the Boulevard and Route 66
- The lacquer and lining are applied traditionally and with perfect craftsmanship.
- The fairing encloses the headlight with small gap dimensions.
- Solid basic bracket – the perfect base for the cockpit fairing
- Includes all of the necessary fittings
- With detailed assembly instructions
- Even greater individuality thanks to the range of stylish SPORT or TOURING windshields, which must be ordered separately and are not included in the scope of delivery of the HIGHWAY fairing.
- Material: High-quality ABS plastic manufactured in a deep-drawing process and then shaped on a CNC mill
- Width without windshield 604 mm
- Height without windshield 401 mm
- Depth 315 mm
- Component thickness 5 mm
- Blackstorm w/ Stripes, Blackstorm, Unpainted (Pictured Black, Maybe Natural)
The Wunderlich benefits
- Wunderlich premium product.
- Small series. Handcrafted.
- Wunderlich design. Functional and integrated.