Indian 2020 FTR Carbon Debuts. Do we need to say it is studded with Carbon components? No, as Carbon is mentioned in the name.
What does it get?
- Exquisite Premium Bodywork. The front fender, headlight cowl, passenger seat cowl and the fuel tank airbox cover are made up of Carbon Fiber.
- Low mounted stainless steel Akra exhaust with Titanium mufflers. That has helped to bring the typical VTwin sound.
- Gets Cruiser Control, 320 mm Dual Disc Radially mounted front Brembos and at rear Brembo 260 mm semi-floating discs with ABS, Traction Control and Full Led Lighting.
- 4.3 inch LED dash comes equipped with USB fast-charge port with Bluetooth comparability.
- 1203 cc Liquid cool V Twin engine develops 93 kW of power with 120 Nm Torque.
- Fully adjustable suspensions with an upright riding position for long hauls.
- 43 mm upside-down fully adjustable USD forks also it gets hollow wheel axle to minimize unsprung weight.
- Tubular steel swingarm at rear for more stability and a side-mounted mono-shock that is fully adjustable.
- More compact wheelbase.
- Slipper Clutch, 6-speed sliding mesh gear transmission, three ride modes Sport, Standard and Rain that provides unique throttle response.
- During the live chat, it was told Carbon is lighter than the other two models.
Well, the interesting part is the specs we are talking are Indian FTR 1200 Carbon’s European specs. As of now, there is no information on US specs or pricing.
There would be one or two Carbon units that are expected to land in showrooms in the coming few days. The Carbon isn’t available for all the markets. So we are doubtful if it reaches on Indian or US shores.
Source: Indian Motorcycles