The R 18 B brings together full Boxer power with BMW Motorrad touring history and the dynamic character of the R 18 family. The sizeable front end featuring a fork-mounted fairing and low windscreen demonstrate a strong personality.
The 1802 cc of the black Big Boxer leaves no room for speculation. Still, it’s not all about displacement. The R 18 B goes significantly further. The new R 18 B arrives for customizing. Turn it into your unique bike and bring out the SoulFuel.
The dropping fly line runs from the tall, striking front fairing to the teardrop-shaped 6.3-gallon tank and the stretched seat to the rear end featuring integrated side cases and tail lights. Typical for BMW Motorrad: consistent and straightforward design. Usual for a bagger motorcycle: characteristic streamlining.
You know precisely what you want. For this reason, the R 18 B has been completely geared towards customization. It applies both to the design and the range of Original BMW Motorrad Accessories and equipment. The elaborate “Machined” and “2-Tone-Black” collections developed in cooperation with Roland Sands Design, the traditional “Option 719”, and the Vance & Hines exhaust systems are merely the starting point on the way to an R 18 B that suits your taste.
There has never been this much displacement on a BMW. You can see it, hear it and feel it. Rely on over 111 lb-ft at any time between 2,000 to 4,000 rpm for powerful indulgence and a consistently high torque developed in a typical boxer way. At 4,750 rpm, the potent powertrain generates 91 hp. The exposed, nickel-plated cardan shaft is based on a traditional design, representing many more highlights of this 1802 cc.
- First impressions count. And this one is impressive. The front fairing installed on the handlebars provides you with ideal protection from the elements and represents a visual highlight with a high recognition value.
- The black tank with available double striping is one of the icons of BMW Motorrad’s history.
- The integrated side cases provide a capacity of over 7 gallons each. Their stylish shape gets integrated into the R 18 B’s streamlined outline: for an unmistakable bagger look. The perfectly coordinated liners made of a sophisticated leather and canvas material mix are available in the accessories range.
- Available grey cover grilles and golden Marshall lettering: these elements conceal the refined sound quality from a total of four speakers powered by a 180-watt amp.
The R 18 B’s three Ride Modes offer you riding pleasure as standard, supplemented by Automatic Stability Control (ASC) and dynamic engine brake control (MSR). Available Reverse Assist and Hill Start Control make hill starts easier and adds even more convenience.
Plus, the traditional headlight shape features cutting-edge LED lighting technology. The adaptive headlight is optionally available to provide you with almost complete illumination of the road when cornering while maintaining the high-beam headlight at a constant headlight range.
- The 10.25″ TFT colour display offers you a range of legible information and maximum functionality.
- Four traditional, analogue round instruments are included with a modern 10.25″ TFT display: from fuel level indicator to map navigation. You have all the information available at a glance.
It arrives in four different shades.
- Manhattan Metallic Matte
- Black Storm Metallic
- Option 719 Galaxy Dust Metallic/Titan Silver 2 Metallic and
- Manhattan Metallic Matte
Get up to 3-years or 36,000 miles warranty on all new motorcycles.
- As shown $24,095 MSRP
- Base model $21,945 MSRP
via Press BMW Motorrad