Honda has done it again! The buzz in the motorbike community is all about the fresh updates to the X-ADV 750 for 2024. And though these changes might sound minor at first glance, trust me, they redefine the X-ADV experience.
Top key points of the 2024 Honda X-ADV 750 updates
- New headlight cluster with three lights: low beam, high beam, and cornering lights. DRLs retained.
- New exhaust positioned up and out of the way, improving cornering clearance and passenger comfort.
- Selection of new colours available.
- The engine and dual-clutch gearbox are unchanged.
First off, let’s talk about that front look. Honda has shifted the headlight cluster to a lower position, instantly giving the scooter a more aggressive appearance. But they didn’t stop there. They’ve added three lights – the standard duo of a low and high beam, and a new cornering light. This cornering light comes to life based on your lean angle, illuminating those curves like never before. And don’t fret, the beloved Daytime Running Lights (DRLs) still grace this model.
Swinging to the back, the exhaust has undergone a facelift. Drawing inspiration from the SCL500, the exhaust now swoops up and makes an almost 90-degree turn out from the tail. Why is this a big deal? Two reasons:
- Cornering Clearance: With the new design, you can now expect better clearance on the right side, making those tight turns even smoother.
- Passenger Comfort: Gone are the days when exhaust gases blew uncomfortably upwards. Now, your fellow rider can enjoy the journey without any exhaust hassles.
But with great power (or in this case, an exhaust) comes great responsibility. Recognizing the potential heat from the exhaust’s new position near the rear seat, Honda wisely added a generous layer of heat insulation.
Let’s talk engines. Honda has kept the faith in the 745cc 270-degree parallel-twin engine that currently powers the X-ADV. It delivers a punchy 58.6 horsepower and 50 foot-pounds of torque. Paired with this is the tried and true dual-clutch gearbox. Riders also get the flexibility of adjusting the bike’s performance with available ride modes.
Hold your horses (or horsepower)! There’s more. Honda will roll out these fantastic updates, complemented by an array of new colour options, in the third quarter of 2024.
- New headlight cluster with three lights for improved visibility and safety.
- The new exhaust is positioned up and out of the way for better cornering clearance and passenger comfort.
- Selection of new colours to choose from.
- Proven and reliable 745cc parallel twin engine with dual-clutch gearbox.
- Versatile and capable adventure scooter that can handle a variety of terrain.
- Relatively minor updates for the 2024 model year.
- Some riders may find the seat height to be too high.
- The bike can be expensive, especially when fully equipped.
Honda seems to be focusing on refining the X-ADV 750 for the 2024 model year rather than making major overhauls. While the engine remains unchanged, design tweaks and the introduction of cornering lights signal Honda’s dedication to rider safety, comfort, and style. It’s clear that while the updates might seem minor on the surface, they could significantly impact the riding experience.
It has amped up the aesthetics and functionality of the X-ADV 750 without messing with its core engine. Mark your calendars for 2024, folks; it promises to be an exciting ride!