Birchy, 100% Birchy Approved, reviews the KTM 390 Adventure. When all you’ve got is a single-cylinder engine, and a sump guard-sized luggage rack, you better have a sound suspension system, brakes, wheels and steering.
The KTM 390 Adventure delivers on these points, and the 799cc engine is potent enough to make your riding buddies hate you. You’ll be safer than them, though, as there are sensors to tell you when they crash behind you!
Read More: Is KTM planning to bring new Enduro?
In this latest edition of our 100% Birchy Approved series, Chris talks us through the many features of the 2023 KTM 390 ADVENTURE and discusses the advantages of the ultra-capable single-cylinder engine, the spoked wheels, WP Suspension, and the various electronic aids – all designed to make your life on the trail so much easier, safer, and more exciting.
Here is the video
Alright, let’s get started by talking about the single-cylinder engine. The 390 has a straightforward and lightweight engine, attractive to many ADV riders because of its light and is highly efficient and capable of long-distance off-road excursions.
Read More: KTM revised the 2023 390 ADV
The motor has no complicated moving parts, so there are fewer opportunities for wear and tear, meaning less maintenance is needed – further adding to the convenience and fun! The engine is a very convenient 400cc – providing enormous power in all conditions.
- TORQUE37 Nm
- TRANSMISSION6 gears
- COOLINGliquid cooling
- POWER IN KW32kW
- STARTERelectric starter
- COUPLINGPASC(TM) anti-hopping clutch, mechanically actuated
- CO 2 EMISSION78g/km
- EMSBosch EMS with RBW
- DESIGN TYPE1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- FUEL CONSUMPTION3.37L/100km
- LUBRICATIONwet sump
- TANK CAPACITY (APPROX.)14.5L
- SECTIONBosch 9.1 MP (incl. cornering ABS and off-road mode, can be switched off)
- FRONT BRAKE DISC DIAMETER320mm
- REAR BRAKE DISC DIAMETER230mm
- FRONT BRAKE4-piston radial fixed calliper
- REAR BRAKESingle-piston floating calliper, brake disc
- CHAIN520 X ring
- DRY WEIGHT161kg
- FRAME DESIGNTrellis frame, powder-coated
- FRONT SUSPENSIONWP APEX 43
- GROUND CLEARANCE200mm
- REAR SUSPENSIONWP APEX Monoshock
- SEAT HEIGHT830/855mm
- HEAD ANGLE63.5°
- TRAVEL IN FRONT170mm
- REAR TRAVEL177mm