The much sought after BMW Motorrad’s R18 Classic is now available in India.
Before R18 Classic, we saw R18. Both these motorcycles get the 1802cc Boxer twin air/oil-cooled engine which makes 89.9bhp and 158Nm.
- BMW R18 ‘Spirit of Passion’ by Kingston Custom
- 2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan starts arriving at dealers
- BMW Motorrad gives a glimpse of the future.
- Triumph India unveils 2021 Tiger 850 Sport
The new BMW R 18 Classic feature a laid-back positioning of the footrests – so-called “mid-mounted footpegs” in keeping with the BMW Motorrad philosophy.
This classic position behind the cylinders is not only typical of BMW; it also enables a relaxed and active riding position for optimum vehicle control.
Components of BMW R 18 Classic.
- Windshield (removable).
- Saddlebags (removable).
- Passenger seat (removable).
- Additional LED headlight.
- 16-inch front wheel.
- Electronic Cruise Control as standard.
Standard components of the new BMW R 18 Classic and R 18:
- Iconic style blending modern technology with authentic materials.
- Biggest ever BMW boxer engine with a capacity of 1 802 cc.
- Output 67 kW (91 hp) at 4 750 rpm, maximum torque 158 Nm at 3 000 rpm.
- More than 150 Nm available at all times from 2 000 to 4 000 rpm.
- Open-running universal-shaft drive based on the classic role model.
- Elaborately crafted double-loop steel tube frame.
- Rear swinging arm with enclosed axle drive in rigid-frame design.
- Telescopic fork with sleeves and cantilever suspension strut featuring travel-dependent damping.
- Balanced ergonomics for relaxed riding and optimum control.
- Disc brakes and front and rear, with wire-spoked wheels.
- State-of-the-art LED lighting technology, classically interpreted.
- Adaptive turning light for even better illumination of the road when cornering as an ex-works option.
- Classically designed circular instrument with integrated display.
- Keyless Ride for convenient function activation by remote control.
- Two standard riding modes, ASC and MSR.
- Reverse assist for convenient manoeuvring and Hill Start Control for easy hill starts as ex-works options.
- The R 18 First Edition: exclusive look in paint and chrome.
- Extensive range of optional extras and Original BMW Motorrad Accessories and an excellent Ride & Style Collection.
In India, The BMW R18 Classic retails at Rs 24 lakh, ex-showroom.