Imagine an electric flat tracker with minimalistic design and structure.
Even though the concept Z by Ed Motorcycles is in the nascent phase, it does captivate attention.
And there are high chances when you see it you may want to experience it.
- Take a closer look, and one can see placed at the bottom is the battery motor. On the other hand, the triangular braces support the robust steel frame.
- Plus the hinge spring strut supports the steel swingarm, and the driveshaft helps reduce the influences on the chassis.
- The motor comes loaned from the Zero and supply 52kW with 157Nm of torque.
- Which means if we take a look, the rear wheel gets 850 Nm. The other part the engine comes without the clutch and the gearbox.
- As far as the lithium-ion battery goes, there are no details provided.
- 43 mm telescopic fork comes from the old Yamaha R6. Wheels get the Mitas tires with a 130/80 and 140/80 at the front and rear respectively with good disc brakes.
- Hand levers help control these brakes. The front also gets the two brilliant LED lights. Dummy tank ensures it has all the electrical wiring in it.
- Just like the motorcycles from the Dab motors, the design is quite minimalistic.
To conclude, the concept Z is still a prototype, and we are not sure when it arrives in production stage.
It still has a long way to go being said it is quite hard to develop the design with minimalistic components on it.
Source: Ed Motorcycles