The Matter Aera e-bike is popular for those looking for an affordable and stylish electric bike. However, the price has recently been hiked by Rs 30,000. This is likely due to the recent slashing of the FAME-II subsidy.
Despite the price hike, the Aera is still a good value-for-money option.
It offers a range of 125km, a top speed of 60kph, and a 4-speed gearbox. It is also one of the few electric bikes to feature a liquid-cooled motor.
If you are looking for an affordable and stylish electric bike, the Matter Aera is still a good option. However, consider other options if you are on a tight budget.
Here are some of the alternatives to the Matter Aera e-bike:
- Tork Kratos: The Tork Kratos is another popular electric bike priced similarly to the Aera. It offers a range of 120km, a top speed of 85kph, and a 3-speed gearbox.
- Hero Electric Photon: The Hero Electric Photon is a more affordable option priced at Rs 1.25 lakh. It offers a range of 80km, a top speed of 50kph, and a 2-speed gearbox.
- Ampere Zeal: Ampere Zeal is another affordable option priced at Rs 1.15 lakh. It offers a range of 100km, a top speed of 60kph, and a 3-speed gearbox.
Ampere Zeal electric bike
The Matter Aera is an electric bike with several pros and cons. Here is a look at some of the key features and benefits of this bike:
- Geared system: The Matter Aera has a geared design, which gives riders more control over their speed and acceleration. This can help you climb hills or ride in windy conditions.
- LED lighting: The Matter Aera has LED lighting all around, providing better visibility for riders and other road users.
- Keyless operation: The Matter Aera has a keyless operation, which makes it easy to start and stop the bike.
- Seven-inch LCD touchscreen display: The Matter Aera has a seven-inch LCD touchscreen display, which provides riders with information on speed, battery life, and other metrics.
- Onboard navigation: The Matter Aera has onboard navigation, which can help riders find their destination.
- Nine-axis IMU: The Matter Aera has a nine-axis IMU, which helps to improve the bike’s stability and handling.
- Connectivity features: The Matter Aera has connectivity features such as auto-reply to calls while riding and accident detection.
- Dedicated mobile app: The Matter Aera has a dedicated mobile app which allows riders to monitor vehicle stats like charge status, current location, and ride analysis.
- High price: The Matter Aera is a relatively expensive electric bike.
- Limited range: The Matter Aera has a limited range of around 100 kilometres on a single charge.
- Heavyweight: The Matter Aera is a heavy bike, which can make it difficult to transport.
- Long charging time: The Matter Aera takes a long time to charge, which can be inconvenient if you use the bike for short trips.
The Matter Aera is a well-rounded electric bike with several features and benefits. However, weighing the pros and cons before making a purchase decision is essential.
Here are other things to consider when deciding whether or not to purchase a Matter Aera:
- Budget: The Matter Aera is a relatively expensive electric bike. If you are on a tight budget, there are other options available that may be a better fit for you.
- Riding needs: The Matter Aera has a limited range and can be challenging to transport. If you need an electric bike for long-distance rides or commuting, other options may be a better fit for you.
- Personal preferences: The Matter Aera is a heavy bike with a long charging time. If you are looking for a lightweight bike with a quick charge time, other options may be a better fit for you.
Source : Autocar India