New Kawasaki W175 Street
The introduction of the Kawasaki W175 Street in India marks a significant update to the company’s motorcycle lineup. Priced at Rs. 1.35 lakh, this model offers a more affordable alternative to the standard W175, being Rs. 12,000 less expensive. It distinguishes itself from the standard model primarily through its wheel and tire configuration, featuring alloy wheels with tubeless tires, as opposed to the spoke wheels and tube tires of its counterpart. The wheel size remains consistent at 17 inches, with front and rear tire sizes maintained at 80/100 and 100/90 respectively.
Motorcycle launch in India
Summary of Kawasaki W175 Street Launch in India:
- A new variant of the W175 was launched with alloy wheels and tubeless tyres.
- Priced at Rs. 1.35 lakh (ex-showroom), making it Rs. 12,000 cheaper than the standard W175.
- Available in two new colour options with fresh graphics.
- Retains the same engine, gearbox, suspension, and brakes as the standard model.
- Fuel tank capacity remains unchanged at 12 litres.
- Competes against the Royal Enfield Hunter 350 and TVS Ronin.
Changes from the standard W175:
- Alloy wheels with tubeless tyres.
- New colour options and graphics.
- Slightly different seat height, wheelbase, and ground clearance.
Pricing and Availability:
- Price: Rs. 1.35 lakh (ex-showroom).
- Deliveries start December 2023.
- Royal Enfield Hunter 350
- TVS Ronin
Affordable motorcycles India
However, the W175 Street isn’t just about mechanical changes; it also receives visual enhancements. It sports two new color schemes accompanied by fresh graphics, all set against a predominantly black theme. These aesthetic updates contribute to a slightly different overall appearance compared to the more retro-styled standard model.
In terms of performance, the W175 Street maintains the same engine specifications as the standard W175. It is powered by a 177cc, air-cooled, single-cylinder engine, capable of delivering 12.8bhp and 13.2Nm of torque, paired with a five-speed gearbox. The chassis structure relies on a double cradle frame, with suspension duties handled by telescopic forks and dual springs. The braking system is composed of a disc-drum combination. Despite these upgrades, the fuel tank capacity remains unchanged at 12 liters.
In the Indian market, the new Kawasaki W175 Street positions itself as a competitor against models like the Royal Enfield Hunter 350 and TVS Ronin. This suggests that Kawasaki is aiming to capture a segment of riders who prefer a blend of modern and retro aesthetics with reliable performance and an affordable price point.
Retro modern motorcycle
The key analysis of the Kawasaki W175 Street’s launch in India can be summarized in the following points:
- Pricing and Market Positioning: Priced at Rs. 1.35 lakh, the W175 Street is strategically positioned as a more affordable alternative to the standard W175 model, being Rs. 12,000 less expensive. This pricing strategy could attract a wider range of customers, especially those looking for a budget-friendly yet branded motorcycle.
- Technical Upgrades: The shift from spoke wheels and tube tires to alloy wheels with tubeless tires is a significant technical upgrade. While the wheel size remains unchanged, the use of alloy wheels and tubeless tires generally offers advantages like better handling, less maintenance, and a more modern look. These changes could appeal to customers who prioritize practicality and aesthetics.
- Aesthetic Enhancements: The introduction of new color options and graphics, along with an all-black theme, provides a fresh and contemporary look to W175 Street. These visual updates are likely to attract younger riders and those who value style in addition to performance.
- Performance and Specifications: Maintaining the same engine as the standard model – a 177cc, air-cooled, single-cylinder engine – suggests that Kawasaki is confident in the engine’s reliability and performance. The consistency in engine performance, coupled with the chassis and suspension setup, indicates that the W175 Street aims to offer a balanced ride suitable for various conditions.
- Market Competition: The W175 Street enters a competitive segment of the Indian motorcycle market, going up against models like the Royal Enfield Hunter 350 and TVS Ronin. Its success will depend on how well it can differentiate itself in terms of features, performance, and overall value proposition in comparison to these established models.
- Strategic Implications for Kawasaki: This launch reflects Kawasaki’s strategy to expand its market reach in India by offering motorcycles that blend modern features with retro styling, at a competitive price point. It shows the company’s commitment to catering to diverse customer preferences and expanding its footprint in the growing Indian motorcycle market.
Overall, the Kawasaki W175 Street’s introduction is a calculated move by Kawasaki to capture a niche in the Indian market, appealing to customers who seek a mix of retro charm, modern amenities, and affordability. The success of this model will depend on how well it resonates with the target audience and how it stands up to its competition in terms of performance, reliability, and overall riding experience.
This introduction is indicative of Kawasaki’s strategy to diversify its offerings in the Indian market, catering to different preferences and price points while maintaining core aspects of its brand identity in terms of design and performance.
The Kawasaki W175 Street, newly launched in India, is a cost-effective and stylish addition to Kawasaki’s motorcycle range. Priced at Rs. 1.35 lakh, it’s Rs. 12,000 cheaper than its standard counterpart. This model stands out with its alloy wheels and tubeless tyres, maintaining the same 17-inch size. It also boasts fresh colour schemes and graphics against an all-black theme. Powered by a 177cc, air-cooled, single-cylinder engine, the W175 Street offers reliable performance with a five-speed gearbox. Competing with models like the Royal Enfield Hunter 350 and TVS Ronin, it targets riders seeking a blend of retro and modern aesthetics at an affordable price.
To explore and experience the new Kawasaki W175 Street, visit your nearest Kawasaki dealership today. Take advantage of this opportunity to see firsthand the unique blend of retro and modern design, test the performance of its 177cc engine, and feel the difference of its alloy wheels and tubeless tyres. Don’t miss out on this competitively priced motorcycle that stands as a compelling option against models like the Royal Enfield Hunter 350 and TVS Ronin. Whether you’re a seasoned rider or new to motorcycles, the Kawasaki W175 Street offers a perfect balance of style, performance, and affordability. Visit today to learn more and schedule a test ride!