The Polestar 3, an electric mid-size SUV, is evidently gearing up for its market debut in the U.S.
Here’s a summary of the key information provided:
- Production & Delivery Timeline:
- The Polestar 3 was unveiled in October 2022.
- Production for the U.S. market will commence in Q1 2024 at Volvo Cars’ South Carolina plant.
- U.S. deliveries are projected to begin in Q2 2024, likely marking the SUV as a 2025 model-year vehicle.
- Development Progress:
- Development is nearing its end.
- After its global dynamic debut at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in July 2023, the vehicle underwent extreme hot weather testing in the UAE in August 2023.
- The tests were conducted in urban areas like Abu Dhabi and Dubai, as well as the deserts surrounding these cities.
- Temperatures during these tests reached up to 122°F (50°C).
- Comments from Polestar:
- Thomas Ingenlath, the CEO of Polestar, mentioned that the development and testing of the Polestar 3 are on track and that production is expected to begin in the first quarter of 2024.
- He also highlighted the SUV’s proportions and its innovative interior.
- Three prototype display cars have been sent to selected Polestar Space in 27 markets, with test drive cars to follow in 2024.
- All-electric powertrain with impressive performance and range
- Stylish and aerodynamic design
- Luxurious and comfortable interior with sustainable materials
- Advanced safety and driver assistance features
- Built on a shared platform with the Volvo EX90, which gives it a proven foundation
- Limited availability at launch
- No third-row seating
- Some features, such as the adaptive dual-chamber air suspension system, are optional
- Polestar is a relatively new brand, so there is some uncertainty about its long-term viability
- Pricing and Ordering:
- The Polestar 3 can be reserved online for a refundable deposit of $1,000.
- In the U.S., the starting price for the Long-range Dual motor variant is $85,300, while the Long-range Dual motor with a Performance pack begins at $91,300. Both prices include a $1,400 destination fee.
- Potential incentives such as the $7,500 federal tax credit are not included in these prices, but the Polestar 3 should be eligible for them.
In essence, while potential customers have to wait for the Polestar 3’s market debut, the progress on its development and testing is a positive sign, showcasing the brand’s commitment to ensuring its electric vehicle’s (EV) performance under various conditions.
The upcoming Polestar 3 electric mid-size SUV is making significant strides towards its market debut in the U.S. Set to begin production in early 2024, with deliveries anticipated in the latter half of the same year, the vehicle is undergoing rigorous testing to ensure top-notch performance.
After showcasing at events like the Goodwood Festival of Speed, the car has been subjected to extreme weather conditions in the UAE to fine-tune its adaptability. Prospective buyers can already get a sense of the vehicle at select Polestar Spaces and even place an online reservation. The pricing, while premium, is in line with its segment, and potential federal tax incentives make it an enticing proposition for those in the market for a high-performance electric SUV. The Polestar 3’s development trajectory indicates the brand’s dedication to quality and performance.