Some rumours are circulating about the new Kawasaki Ninja 1000SX arriving in 2024. However, these are just rumours at this point, and there is no official confirmation from Kawasaki.
The rumours suggest the new bike will have several improvements over the current model, including a more powerful engine, a revised chassis, and improved electronics.
Ninja 1000 SX
The current Ninja 1000SX is a popular sport-touring motorcycle, and it would be no surprise to see Kawasaki release a new version shortly. The rumours suggest the new bike will be more powerful and capable than the current model, making it an even more attractive option for touring riders.
Ninja 1000 SX Concept by Mich Superbike
Of course, it is also possible the rumors are not valid and that Kawasaki has no plans to release a new Ninja 1000SX in 2024. However, the rumours have certainly generated some excitement among bike fans, and we must wait to see if they turn out true.
Here are some of the rumoured changes to the 2024 Ninja 1000SX:
- A more powerful engine, possibly with 1100cc displacement.
- A revised chassis with improved handling.
- Updated electronics, including a new TFT display.
- More comfortable ergonomics for touring.
If these rumours are true, the 2024 Ninja 1000SX could be a very impressive motorcycle. It would be interesting to see how it compares to popular sport tourers like the BMW R1250RS and the Suzuki GSX-S1000GT.
Current Kawasaki Ninja 1000 SX
Future Kawasaki Ninja 1000SX Concept by Mich Superbike
Here are some of the competitors of the Kawasaki Ninja 1000SX:
- BMW R 1250 RS: The BMW R 1250 RS is a popular sport-tourer known for its comfortable ride and long-range capabilities. It’s powered by a 1254cc boxer twin engine that produces 136 horsepower. The R 1250 RS has several electronic features, including traction control, ABS, and cruise control.
- Suzuki GSX-S1000GT: The Suzuki GSX-S1000GT is a newer sport-tourer quickly gaining popularity. It’s powered by a 1000cc inline-four engine that produces 150 horsepower. The GSX-S1000GT also has several electronic features, including traction control, ABS, and cruise control.
- Ducati Multistrada V4: The Ducati Multistrada V4 is a high-performance sport tourer known for its aggressive styling and powerful engine. It’s powered by a 1158cc V4 engine that produces 170 horsepower. The Multistrada V4 has several electronic features, including traction control, ABS, and cruise control.
Here is a more detailed look at some of the pros and cons of the Ninja 1000SX:
- Powerful and versatile engine: The future Ninja 1000SX may be powered by a 1100cc in-line four-cylinder engine that may produce more power than the current Ninja 1000 SX, which is 142 horsepower. This engine will be decisive for both sport riding and touring. It may have a broad powerband, so riding in various conditions is easy.
- Comfortable ergonomics: The Ninja 1000SX has a comfortable riding position for short and long rides. The seat is well-padded, and the handlebars and footpegs are positioned in a way that’s easy to reach.
- Good handling: The Ninja 1000SX handles well for a sports tourer. It’s not as agile as a dedicated sportbike but can handle twisty roads.
- Long-range comfort: The Ninja 1000SX has a long-range fuel tank that may hold up to more than 19 litres. This gives the bike a range of over 200 miles, so you can quickly go on long-distance trips without worrying about running out of gas.
- Up-to-date electronics: The Ninja 1000SX will come with a standard with several electronic features, including traction control, ABS, and cruise control. These features make the bike more stable and easier to ride, especially in wet or slippery conditions.
- Aggressive styling: The Ninja 1000SX is expected to have aggressive styling that’s sure to turn heads. The bike has a sleek, aerodynamic design reminiscent of Kawasaki’s sportbikes.
- Can be a bit harsh on the highway: The Ninja 1000SX can be a bit harsh on the highway, especially at high speeds. The suspension can be a bit stiff, and the wind blast can be a bit strong.
- Not the most agile bike in its class: The Ninja 1000SX is not the most agile bike in its class. It’s a bit heavy, and the steering can be slow. This makes it less than ideal for riding on twisty roads.
- Fuel economy could be better: The fuel economy of the Ninja 1000SX is not the best. The bike may get around 40 mpg on the highway, which is not great for a sports-tourer.
- Expensive: The current Ninja 1000SX is a bit expensive. The base price is around $13,199, and the future model will be more expensive than some competitors.
The new Kawasaki Ninja 1000SX will be a tremendous all-around sport-tourer. It will be more powerful, comfortable, and will handle well. It will also arrive with features, including a TFT display, traction control, and cruise control.