The Levorg Layback is a new SUV model introduced by Subaru, designed to fit between their existing Forester and Outback models. Here are some key points and details about the Levorg Layback:
- Name: Levorg Layback
- Type: SUV
- Market: Japan
- Size: Positioned between the Forester and Outback models
- Powertrain: Expected to feature a 1.8-litre turbocharged engine
- Availability: Launching in Japan initially, availability in other markets not confirmed yet.
The Levorg Layback is a forthcoming SUV model from Subaru, set to be launched in the Japanese market. It’s essentially an SUV iteration of the Levorg wagon, meant to fill the gap between the Forester and Outback models in Subaru’s domestic lineup. Some key details about the vehicle include:
- Design: The SUV will feature a higher ground clearance than traditional wagons, along with black plastic cladding for added protection and roof rails for cargo-carrying capability.
- Interior: The interior is expected to be similar to the Levorg wagon, featuring a 5-seat layout and a touchscreen infotainment system.
- Powertrain: While Subaru has not officially disclosed powertrain details, it’s likely that the Levorg Layback will use the same 1.8-litre turbocharged engine found in the Levorg wagon. This engine generates 177 horsepower and 221 lb-ft of torque, paired with a CVT transmission.
- Off-Road Capability: The higher ground clearance and raised suspension contribute to improved off-road capability compared to traditional wagons.
- Comfortable Ride: The raised suspension not only aids off-road performance but also offers a more comfortable ride on uneven surfaces.
- Protection: The black plastic cladding provides added protection to the exterior, safeguarding against minor bumps and scrapes.
- Cargo Capacity: Roof rails enhance the vehicle’s utility by providing additional space for carrying cargo.
- Interior Comfort: Similar to the Levorg wagon, the interior is likely to offer a comfortable and spacious cabin.
- Engine Performance: If equipped with the 1.8-liter turbocharged engine, the Levorg Layback can offer reliable performance and fuel efficiency.
- Fuel Efficiency: The SUV’s design and higher ground clearance might result in lower fuel efficiency compared to a traditional wagon.
- Higher Cost: The SUV’s enhanced features and capabilities could make it more expensive than a standard wagon.
- Market Availability: The Levorg Layback might not be available in all markets initially.
The Levorg Layback is a new SUV model introduced by Subaru for the Japanese market. Positioned between the Forester and Outback models, it’s essentially a high-riding version of the Levorg wagon. While key details such as powertrain specifics and availability in other markets remain unconfirmed, given the growing popularity of SUVs, it’s likely that Subaru will eventually expand its availability beyond Japan.