The 2023 Motorcycle Cannonball, a renowned antique motorcycle endurance race, is set to kick off soon, marking a return after a COVID-induced postponement in 2020.
Top key points of the 2023 Motorcycle Cannonball:
- The event will take place from September 7 to 24, 2023.
- The route will start in Virginia Beach, Virginia and end in Oceanside, California.
- The distance of the route is approximately 3,800 miles.
- Riders must ride motorcycles that were built before 1933.
- The event will feature a prologue and 16 stages.
- Participants will travel through North Carolina, Tennessee, Missouri, Kansas, Colorado, Utah, Nevada, and Arizona before spending the last two stages in California.
- The 2021 event saw a total of 88 riders line up at the start, and this year’s event is expected to be just as popular.
- There are already a number of rare and interesting motorcycles on the entry list.
Starting its journey on September 7 from Virginia Beach, Virginia, this year’s event will cover approximately 3,800 miles before concluding in Oceanside, California on September 24.
This biennial event, which shifted to an odd-year pattern in 2021, features riders traversing the challenging route on motorcycles built prior to 1933. With a mix of iconic brands such as Harley-Davidson and Indian.
1929 Scott Flying Squirrel Deluxe
As well as unique models like the 1929 Scott Flying Squirrel Deluxe and the 1928 Terrot HSC, participants will be covering 16 stages and a prologue during their journey. Notable stops include the Wheels Through Time Museum in North Carolina.
Antique motorcycle enthusiasts, both participants and spectators, are gearing up for this thrilling event that promises not only a race but also a cultural experience. The planned route will take riders through picturesque states like North Carolina, Tennessee, Colorado, and more, offering breathtaking landscapes and opportunities for roadside maintenance.
88 Riders Participate
In the spirit of camaraderie, fellow riders are known to assist each other during the journey, but preparedness is key. As riders may need to engage in roadside wrenching, having specific spares on hand is essential to ensure a smooth journey. The 2021 event saw 88 riders participate, and this year’s lineup is equally impressive, boasting a wide array of antique motorcycles.
For those unable to participate, tracking the route and stage stops could provide a chance to witness these rare machines in action. Whether you’re an avid antique motorcycle enthusiast or simply curious, the 2023 Motorcycle Cannonball promises to be a captivating event that celebrates the history, endurance, and camaraderie of antique motorcycle enthusiasts.