Hyundai is set to debut the fifth-generation Santa Fe later this summer. The announcement was made while detailing the changes across the lineup for the 2024 model year in the United States.
Key features of the new Hyundai Santa Fe:
- Larger and more angular body. With a more angular design, the new Santa Fe will be significantly larger than the current model. This will give it a more rugged and imposing appearance.
- Ultra-wide screen. The interior will be significantly updated, with an ultra-wide screen that merges the driver’s display with the infotainment system. This will provide a more immersive and user-friendly experience.
- Repositioned gear selector. The gear selector will be repositioned on the steering wheel column to free up space between the seats. This will make it easier to access and give the interior a cleaner look.
- Unlikely to have an electric version. It is unlikely that there will be an electric version of the new Santa Fe, as it would clash with the Ioniq 7. The Ioniq 7 is a larger and more luxurious electric SUV to be released in 2024.
- Kia Sorento will also be getting a facelift. The Kia Sorento is a sister model to the Hyundai Santa Fe. It is also due to receive a facelift soon. The facelifted Sorento will likely have a similar design to the new Santa Fe.
The upcoming Santa Fe is expected to undergo a drastic redesign with larger dimensions and more angular styling. Spy shots have revealed features such as chunky roof rails, H-shaped daytime running lights, and low-mounted rear turn signals.
Significant interior changes are also anticipated, integrating an ultra-wide screen that combines the driver’s display with the infotainment system. The centre console will still feature conventional controls, while the gear selector appears to have been repositioned on the steering wheel column. The spy shots also observed paddle shifters behind a two-tone leather-wrapped steering wheel.
Regarding the possibility of an electric version, it seems unlikely for the next-generation Santa Fe as it could overlap with the release of the Ioniq 7, an electric vehicle scheduled for 2024. Meanwhile, the Kia Sorento, a sister model to the Santa Fe, is expected to undergo a facelift rather than a full next-generation update.
Pros of the next-generation Hyundai Santa Fe:
- Redesigned Styling: The next-generation Santa Fe is expected to feature a more angular and modern design, which can give it a fresh and appealing look.
- Enhanced Interior: Integrating an ultra-wide screen that merges the driver’s display with the infotainment system can provide a more immersive and high-tech experience for the driver and passengers. The repositioning of the gear selector and the inclusion of paddle shifters can also improve convenience and control.
- Improved Features: Car manufacturers often introduce new and advanced features with each new generation. The next-gen Santa Fe will likely come with updated safety technologies, connectivity options, and driver assistance systems, which can enhance the overall driving experience.
- Larger Dimensions: If the prototypes’ larger dimensions hold, it could increase interior space, offering passengers more legroom and cargo capacity.
Cons of the next-generation Hyundai Santa Fe:
- Uncertainty about the Electric Version: The absence of an electric version of the next-generation Santa Fe could disappoint customers specifically looking for an electric SUV. However, this might be due to the upcoming release of the Ioniq 7, another Hyundai electric vehicle.
- Higher Price: With significant changes and improvements, there is a possibility that the next-gen Santa Fe could come with a higher price tag compared to the previous generation. This could make it less accessible for budget-conscious buyers.
- Limited Information: The information available at the moment is based on spy shots and limited details. Until Hyundai releases official information, it isn’t easy to assess the complete picture of the upcoming Santa Fe, including its performance, fuel efficiency, and overall reliability.
- Potential Trade-offs: While redesigns often bring improvements, there could be potential trade-offs regarding styling preferences or changes to certain features that some buyers might not appreciate. It’s important for potential buyers to closely examine the new features and design to ensure they align with their personal preferences and needs.
The next-generation Hyundai Santa Fe promises a redesigned and modernized SUV with various potential benefits. These include fresh and angular styling, an enhanced interior with an ultra-wide screen and improved features, and potentially larger dimensions for increased space.
However, there are also some potential drawbacks, such as the absence of an electric version, uncertainties regarding pricing, the limited information available, and possible trade-offs regarding personal preferences.
As with any new vehicle, it’s important for potential buyers to closely examine the official details, compare them to their specific needs and preferences, and consider factors such as pricing, performance, fuel efficiency, and reliability. Keeping an eye on official Hyundai announcements and consulting trusted automotive sources will provide the most accurate and up-to-date information about the next-generation Hyundai Santa Fe as it becomes available.