The TVS Radeon is a popular commuter motorcycle manufactured by TVS Motor Company, based in Hosur, India. It is known for its reliable 109cc engine and practicality as a workhorse motorcycle. The Radeon offers several features that enhance its usability, such as a USB charging port, utility hook, tail rack with a grab rail, among others.
Prices in Top 10 Metro Cities
TVS offers the Radeon in three variants, each with varying features and hardware. The on-road prices of these variants differ across different cities in India. Based on the information provided, the on-road price of the TVS Radeon is highest in Bengaluru and lowest in Delhi for the base and top-spec models. However, in Kolkata, the Digital Drum variant is the most expensive.
The three variants of the TVS Radeon use the same engine and have a similar appearance. However, they differ in terms of features and hardware. The base model has an analogue console and front/rear drum brakes. The variant above features a digital instrument cluster and drum brakes on both ends. The top-spec variant has a digital screen and a front disc brake.
The TVS Radeon competes with other commuter motorcycles in the Indian market, including the Hero Passion Pro, Hero Splendor iSmart 110, and Honda Livo. These motorcycles belong to the same segment and offer similar features and specifications for daily commuting.
Pros of TVS Radeon:
- Fuel-efficient: The TVS Radeon is known for its fuel efficiency, making it an economical choice for daily commuting.
- Abundant usability: The Radeon offers various features like a USB charging port, utility hook, and tail rack with a grab rail, enhancing its practicality and convenience.
- Comfortable riding position: The ergonomics of the Radeon are designed to provide a comfortable riding experience, especially during long commutes.
- Affordable pricing: Compared to its competitors, the TVS Radeon is competitively priced, making it an attractive option for budget-conscious buyers.
- Reliable performance: The 109cc engine of the Radeon delivers decent power and smooth performance, making it suitable for city riding.
Cons of TVS Radeon:
- Limited top speed: The Radeon is primarily designed for city commuting, and its top speed may be lower than motorcycles designed for higher-speed highways.
- Lack of advanced features: While the Radeon offers practical features, it may lack some advanced features in higher-end motorcycles, such as digital displays or braking systems.
- Limited variant options: Although TVS offers three variants, their differences are mainly in features and hardware rather than significant performance upgrades.
- Limited colour choices: The Radeon may have a limited range of colour options, which may not appeal to buyers seeking more customization options.
- Availability of service centres: Depending on the region, the availability and proximity of authorized TVS service centres could vary, which might impact after-sales service and support.
The TVS Radeon is a popular commuter motorcycle with reliable performance, fuel efficiency, and practical features for daily commuting. It is known for its comfortable riding position and affordability. While it may have some limitations, such as a limited top speed and lack of advanced features, the Radeon remains a competitive choice in its segment.
Before making a decision, it is recommended to consider personal preferences, prioritize requirements, and test ride the motorcycle to ensure it meets individual needs. Factors such as the availability of service centres and colour options should also be considered. The TVS Radeon is a reliable and practical option for those seeking an economical commuter motorcycle in India.