Daren Crigler talks on his upcoming electric supermoto build.
I’m proud and excited to finally share the new full-size MX bike I’ve been designing for Golden Motor over the past several months.
The bike design encompasses all the knowledge I have gained over the past several years through my various builds.
It also includes every design aspectsI have ever wanted to include in my frame and battery designs.
Full-size MX bike will be sold and produced by Golden Motor Company. Here are some details:
- 60Ah 72v Swappable Battery Pack, up to 500a peak.
- Custom high discharge BMS with display monitoring.
- Modular controller/motor frame mounts.
- Controller mounts for GM controllers, Sevcon, Mobipus, ASI, Sabvoton and many more.
- Modular axle pivot positioned motor mount plates for GM 3KW, GM 5KW, GM 10KW, Motenergy ME1304, ME1507, and more.
- Keyed steering lock.
- Modular chain guide setup for multiple rear sprocket sizes.
- Heavy-duty hardened aluminium frame.
- Fastace suspension upgradable to Showa, Fox (DIY).
- Top-quality components, engineering and hardware.
You will be able to purchase this bike as a complete kit OR rolling chassis only for DIY builders.
Pricing is not confirmed but will be much more affordable than other comparable full-size electric MX bikes past and present.
Production will start after testing and is planned at 4,000 units the first year. More info to come as I will be sharing the build process as we start building the prototypes.
Daren has also requested if anyone has any feedback they can share with him.
You can find more info at Goldenmotor