We will get to see what we have been talking since last few months. Yes, we are talking about the new Royal Enfield Meteor 350.
- Effectively we started our first talk in August 2020 when brochures about the new Meteor 350 went viral.
- Immediately on the next day, Royal Enfield said we would bring seven paint schemes for its upcoming Meteor 350. Now this quite ambitious.
- At the start of September, we came to know about its high-level specs.
- And then we did talk about the entire Meteor 350 package.
Going further Royal Enfield has now revealed the launch date of the new Royal Enfield Meteor 350 launch date is November 6, 2020.
Let’s get to know what Royal Enfield Meteor 350 offers.
The Thunderbird 350X will inspire styling cues of the Royal Enfield Meteor 350. However, it will get a new chassis.
- Meteor will arrive in three different trims Stellar, Fireball and Supernova.
- Apart from the above, it is all set to come with some cool paint schemes, circular headlight, alloy wheels and sports style split seats.
- For all the three variants it is set to arrive in seven different colours for all.
- Supernova will get Brown and Blue colour,
- While Fireball will come with Red and Yellow
- On the other hand, Stellar has Blue metallic, Black matte and Red metallic.
- The motor is single cylinder 350cc, air-cooled engine which is capable of making 20 hp and 27Nm of torque.
- Other specs involve navigation system with BlueTooth connectivity, semi-digital dash and led taillight and led drl and not to forget the USB charger.
- Performance specs are similar to Thunderbird 350 like the twin-sided back shock absorbers and telescopic forks on the opposite end.
- Dual-channel ABS with single disc brake on the rear and front wheel. Also to make it more personalized, Royal Enfield plans to offer multiple accessories.
Expect the price of Meteor 350 to be around Rs 1.70 Lakh ( ex-showroom).
The Royal Enfield Meteor gets multiple competitors.
Benelli Imperiale 400
The Imperiale 400 comes in a single-cylinder, four-stroke, air-cooled engine with a single overhead camshaft timing system and electronic fuel injection offering maximum fuel economy in any riding conditions.
Its full power is 21 hp (15.5 kW) at 5500 rpm, with the torque of 29 Nm (2.95 kgm) at 4500 rpm.
Imperiale 400 notably has three paint schemes in black, red and silver. Benelli Imperiale 400 retails at Rs 1.99 Lakh ex-showroom Delhi.
Jawa Forty Two
While there are three models in Jawa and they are Jawa, Forty-Two and Perak. Jawa and Forty Two do have same engine specs.
However, there are changes in the aesthetics Jawa comes as a vintage style while Forty Two is a modern-looking motorcycle.
The third is Perak which is a single-seater Bobber style motorcycle and gets more and displacement and power, which is 334cc and 30 hp. Now, this is more compared to the Jawa and Forty Two.
So the closest competitor to Meteor 350 is Forty Two, and it comes with 293cc, Single cylinder, four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC BS6 compliant engine capable of producing 26 hp with a max torque of 27.05 Nm.
Comes in six different paint schemes Nebula Blue (Glossy),
Comet Red (Glossy), Starlight Blue (Matte), Lumos Lime (Matte), Halley’s Teal (Matte) and Galactic Green (Matte).
The price of single-channel ABS Forty Two is Rs 1.65 Lakh while dual-channel costs Rs 1.75 Lakh.
Honda H’ness CB 350
The BS6 compliant 350cc single-cylinder four-stroke engine motor makes around 20.8 bhp and max torque of 30 Nm@3000 rpm. The CB350 also arrives with the PGM-FI technology.
The H’ness, aka CB350, comes in two flavours.
- DLX and
- DLX Pro
The main difference between two the DLX Pro gets the Honda Smartphone Voice Control system (HSVCS).
H’ness CB350 arrives with a complete bluetooth ecosystem which will facilitate the rider by seamless information exchanges in daily life.
Plus the Pro gets dual-tone paint scheme whereas the standard DLX gets a single tone.
H’ness CB350 colours
- Green Metallic
- Precious Red Metallic
For DLX Pro
- Pearl night star black spear silver metallic
- Matte steel black metallic
- Athletic blue metallic
The Honda H’ness CB350 price starts from Rs 1.85 lakh (ex-showroom) and goes up to Rs 1.90 lakh (ex-showroom).