Zongshen, the Chinese motorcycle manufacturer has filed designs for what see is the flat tracker.
Recently with the Chinese National Intellectual Property Administration, China, these designs were registered by Zongshen-Piaggio Foshan.
- Husqvarna Norden 901 Concept
- Honda unveils Blade 125 and 150 in Veitnam
- ‘ K ‘ for Krugger
- Was Kawasaki planning for ZX-4r?
The ‘Flat’ is the only name given to these designs. We see the similarity of this model with the Zongshen-Aprilia Cafe 150. However, there are many differences when it comes to the new Flat and the Zongshen-Aprilia Cafe 150.
Comparison of Flat with Zongshen-Aprilia Cafe 150
- The Flat has two slim exhausts on each side while the Zongshen-Aprilia Cafe 150 has one large exhaust.
- The rear swingarm of these two bikes almost looks similar.
- Mostly there is a change in front; unlike typical flat trackers, the new Flat comes with the front panel.
- The design also sees the small front blinkers located just below the panel. Plus a slim LED headlight on the right side of the panel could be seen.
- The square digital dash on the new Flat looks elegant and goes with the structure.
- A robust engine guard protects the engine in the Flat.
- Flat handler bars and the shape of the mirrors do change when compared Flat with Zongshen-Aprilia Cafe 150.
- The absence of rear fender gives it a typical tracker look.
- Flat gets the single-seat while the Zongshen-Aprilia Cafe 150 is a two-seater.
- On the other hand, Flat comes with disc brakes while Zongshen-Aprilia Cafe 150 has petal disc brakes.
- We do see the typical spoke wheels for the new Flat however the Zongshen-Aprilia Cafe 150 comes with conventional wheels.
- The shape of the fuel tank to changes in the both these model the Flat comes with the raised fuel tank while Zongshen-Aprilia Cafe 150 has more curvy fuel tank.
We are not sure when Zongshen-Piaggio plans this design put it in production. However, with 18hp of power, this will be an ideal small-displacement tracker for the Asian market.