Kawasaki USA brings 2021 KLX 300 models
Kawasaki has stacked much of its Enduro models in the US and as we could see they have a wide variety of range of both the KX and KLX models.
- Suzuki brings 2021 V-Strom 1050 XT Tour
- Bullit brings the Hero 250 Scrambler
- All about the 2021 Engerica models
- What is Kawasaki planning with Meguro?
KX range in the US
KLX range in the US
These models are essentially the lower displacement Enduros that start from the 65cc and go up to 300cc.
However, Kawasaki US has now added two 2021 variants to its lineup, and they are KLX 300 and KLX 300 SM.
Both of these models have very little difference. Let’s take a look.
2021 KLX 300 and KLX 300 SM arrive with 292cc, 4-stroke single, DOHC, liquid-cooled motor integrated with 6-speed, return shift with wet multi-disc manual clutch.
While Kawasaki has kept its performance figures under wrap, we could see the KLX 300 comes with 33bhp and 28.5Nm torque.
Both these variants come with strong High-tensile steel, box-section perimeter frame essentially it helps to provide more rigidity to the entire structure.
Further, both of them get the 43mm inverted cartridge fork with adjustable compression damping /10.0 in on the front and the opposite end it comes with the Uni-Trak® gas-charged shock with piggyback reservoir with adjustable rebound damping and spring preload/9.1 inches.
KLX 300 SM
Substantial braking power comes thanks to a 250mm petal disc and twin-piston calliper up front and a 240mm petal rear disc and single-piston calliper. Strong dual-sport performance is further enabled with a 21-inch front wheel and 18-inch rear wheel.
Difference between KLX 300 and KLX 300 SM
- Brakes the KLX 300 comes with Single 250mm petal disc with a dual-piston on the front while the KLX 300 SM comes with Single 300mm petal disc with a dual-piston. Rear brakes remain standard for both these models, and they are Single 240mm petal disc with single-piston calliper.
- There are changes in the dimensions as far as KLX 300 comes it has 47.4 in height while the SM edition has 45.1 inches. Ground clearance in KLX 300 is 9.8 in while the SM has 8.5 inches. The seat height in KLX 300 is 35.2 in and on the SM is 33.9 inches.
- The third big difference is the curb weight which is 302.1 lb for KLX 300 and for SM it is 304.3 lb.
- Another difference which is wheelbase and it is 56.7 in for KLX 300 and 56.6 inches for the SM.
KLX 300 SM
- The KLX 300 is available in Lime Green, Fragment Camo Gray and
- SM is available in Lime Green/Ebony, Oriental Blue/Ebony.
- The KLX 300 in the US is available with the $5,599 price tag and
- SM costs $400 more which is $5,999.
Comparison with specs