Ducati adds a new member to its family, and it is “Ducati Panigale V4 SP.” The SP stands for Sports production.
- Custom Ducati Streetfighter V4 S by Kickasstuning
- 2020 Indian Carbon FTR debuts
- Sarolea has launched the new N60 MM.01
- Upcoming next-generation KTM RC200 is spied
The Acronym SP comes wherein Ducati used to develop a sports bike for production category, and these bikes generally participated in the races. Basis of the V4 SP is the legendary Ducati 851.
Further, these production bikes had specific sets of components that were not available on conventional bikes.
Do not get confused; there is a difference between the V4 S and V4 SP. The rich components stacked in the V4 SP makes it lighter by 1kg when compared to the V4 S as the V4 comes with 173kgs dry weight.
The V4 SP comes dedicated to tracks; however, there are certain aspects where an amateur too can ride. The livery comes with enhanced chassis; extraordinary braking power characterized with Ducati’s immortal racing DNA.
The Panigale V4 SP is also an essential livery, called “Winter Test”, inspired by that of the Ducati Corse bikes used in the pre-season tests of the MotoGP and SBK Championships.
The 1,103cc, Desmosedici Stradale 90 degrees V4 has four valves per cylinder, and the motor calibrates to make 214hp(157.5kW) at 13,000rpm and 124Nm(12.6gm) at 9,500rpm.
The motor comes with a dry clutch which supports the track conditions, and the dry clutch comes integrated with the 520 chains final drive. Practically the same you can find on the MotoGP bikes.
And the entire component weighs less than the conventional bike.
The excellent part Ducati V4 SP loans few other components from Superlegerra too like
- Brembo front brake pump
- 5-Split spoke carbon rims
- Brembo stylema R front callipers
The V4 SP comes with 1.4kg lighter carbon wheels to minimize the moment of inertia.
When it comes to braking, Brembo’s on the front and rear are responsible for performing their excellent duties with consistency.
The presence of Brembo MCS radial-pump plays a vital role for quick braking adjustment.
The adjustable rider footpegs complete the equipment of the Panigale V4 SP in billet aluminium that allows the rider to find the optimal position in the saddle. The carbon front mudguard and accessories are essential for “track days”.
Such as the cover open carbon clutch, caps for removing the license plate holder and mirrors. As well as the Ducati Data Analyzer + (DDA +) telemetry kit with GPS module that allows you to analyze your performance on the track professionally
The Ducati Panigale V4 SP arrives in one colour ” Winter test livery” and mind well it looks seductive.
The entire package retails at € 37,000.
- Ducati Power Launch (DPL),
- Ducati Quick Shift (DQS) up / down EVO2,
- Full LED headlamp with Daytime Running Light (DRL),
- Ducati Electronic Suspension (DES) EVO with Öhlins suspension and steering damper,
- Lithium battery,
- Quick selection controls,
- Automatic turn off indicators, Dedicated knobs,
- Chainguard fin,
- Carbon fibre rims and Carbon fibre front fender,
- Carbon fibre wings,
- Adjustable aluminium rider footpegs with carbon heel guards,
- Machined aluminium steering head from stable with motorcycle number.