New 2021 BMW S 1000 R is here
A new roadster BMW S1000 R from BMW Motorrad. And here are top highlights.
- BMW unveils the R 1250 GS Adventure
- Yamaha Taiwan uncovers 125cc Vinoora scooter
- 2021 Sym Maxsym TL
- Bolt Motors builds a BMW GS80 for Dakar
- 5 kg lighter, newly developed 4-cylinder in-line engine based on the S 1000 RR with further optimised mid-range power and rideability as well as new gear ratios in 4th – 6th gear.
- Lightest dynamic roadster in its class: Weight reduction by 6.5 kg to 199 kg DIN empty weight or 202 kg including comfort and dynamics package. The M package reduces the vehicle weight by another 4.8 kg (2 kg with forged wheels / 3.7 kg with carbon fibre wheels).
- Superior output and torque: 121 kW (165 hp) at 11 000 rpm and 114 Nm at 9 250 rpm.
- At least 90 Nm of torque available from 5 500 to 12 000 rpm. More than 80 Nm already available from 3 000 rpm.
- Effort-saving, linear torque curve: Even better rideability across the entire engine speed range.
- Newly developed suspension featuring the “Flex Frame”, with the engine taking on more of a load-bearing function.
- Significantly improved ergonomics thanks to the “Flex Frame” allowing the rider to have his knees closer to the motorcycle body.
- Underslung swingarm with Full Floater Pro kinematics and new suspension strut for even more sensitive response and optimised rear wheel grip.
- New, lighter exhaust system, EU5 compliant.
- New 6-axis sensor box for precisely determining the pitch rate and anti-wheelie function.
- ABS Pro for even more safety when braking, also in banking position, as standard. Dedicated rain brake mode with flatter brake pressure gradient. ABS Pro as standard for even safer braking when cornering.
- WSBK proven DynamicTraction Control (DTC) as standard ensures even greater stability when accelerating.
- Three riding modes “Rain”, “Road” and “Dynamic” as standard.
- DTC wheelie function as standard.
- Riding Modes Pro with additional “Dynamic Pro” mode including adjustable wheelie control, engine brake and engine drag torque control (MSR) as well as Launch Control, Pitlane Limiter and Hillstart Control Pro as ex-works options.
- Hillstart Control as standard.
- Shift Assistant Pro for quick up and downshifting without using the clutch available ex-works.
- New instrument cluster with 6.5 inches, easy-to-read TFT display including additional sports screens, arrow navigation and connectivity.
- New LED headlamp and LED light units as standard.
- Adaptive Turning Light and daytime running light in Headlight Pro package available as an option ex-works.
- Completely newly designed body elements for even more dynamic styling.
- Attractive basic colour and two style variants available from the start of production.
- Expansion of the Original BMW Motorrad Accessories and optional extra range, including M package, Carbon package and Milled Parts package ex works.