On Monday 21st Jan 2019, Bolognese Motorcycle giant Ducati affirmed that it has started the production of its new Diavel 1260 S. Two months before I had posted an article about Ducati’s new 2019 Diavel.
Diavel was displayed in EICMA last year by Ducati. Also in April 2019 in the wake of assessing more than 5,500 products, a profoundly qualified jury made up of 40 worldwide well-known specialists has appointed the new Diavel 1260 with the renowned title “Red Dot Award 2019: Best of the Best”.
This is the third champ for the Bologna-based organization, following the past honors won by two such notable bikes like the 1199 Panigale in 2013 and the XDiavel S is 2016, indicating how a Ducati bike can be a symbol of style, development, and execution.
Now we get to see the Diavel 1260 and 1260 S in India as it is officially launched with the price tag to INR 17.70 lacs and INR 19.25.Also bookings are now open in India.
The plan is to bring the Diavel via the CBU route from Thailand.
Top Specs of Diavel 1260
- The Testastretta DVT 1262 motor, which implies 157hp (117 kW) on tap.
- With a pinnacle torque figure of 95 lbs
- Tipping the scales at 480 lbs wet (218kg), there is a lot of “umpf!” to dispatch one down the road.
- Sunshine running light (DRL) is fitted on the “S” model (and looks fundamentally the same as the one utilized on the XDiavel), and
- Additionally Brembo M50 calipers, completely customizable Öhlins suspension, uncommon machined wheels, and a quick-shifter.
- As you would expect, a 240mm tire is fitted to the 17″ back wheel, for that power cruiser look. Ducati has modified the steel trellis outline on the Diavel to deal with the additional torque and power from the Testastretta DVT 1262 motor, and the Italian organization says currently it will be more responsive.
- Like all cruisers in Ducati’s 2019 lineup, the Ducati Diavel 1260 accompanies cornering ABS, and it likewise gains footing power and wheelie control. Everything a rider need is accessible with the new TFT dash.