In October 2019 Kawasaki did confirm that they are working on the electric motorcycle. Back in January 2019, we had heard about Kawasaki working on its electric motorcycle that had various patents filed and they were filed in 2011 and 2012.
Then again February 2019, Andrea Ortiles made this news more strong. Now from the video what can we analyze?
In this video, you could easily see Yoshimoto Matsuda, Senior Manager, Kawasaki Innovation Department talking about the bike.
- Kawasaki has put a lot of cost and effort into building this electric motorcycle.
- It does look like a Ninja 250 and is track-inspired.
- They are working since early 2000.
- The bike will have the next generation power units along with the supercharged engine.
- Aluminum backbone frame.
- The motorcycle is developed as per the IDEOLOGY development philosophy.
- The prototype is an earlier patented steel pipe truss.
- Kawasaki has been studying and patenting features ranging from packaging and chassis geometry to transmissions and thumb brake activated energy recovery systems.
- With a variable cooling mechanism.
- The concept model will evolve on next-generation motorcycles as Kawasaki is working on it.
- There is a possibility that the meter is a touch panel.
- Will come with a chain drive.
- Also will gear change type.
We cant estimate the price but it should be somewhere in the middle of 2.5 to 3 million yen. We took 3 million on the highest front and that comes to $27,492 USD. It should arrive in 2020 or 2021.